Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pardon the Chub



And no I'm not talking about Nathan. What happened to my face? I'm posting these pictures even though I am a little distraught over the nature of my double chin and enormous cheeks. Something must be done about this diaster. But in the meantime, I'll post.
This weekend we had a great visit from my dad and my two cousins Olivia and Elizabeth. They are such sweethearts and John said to me 'I hope we have kids like that.' We went to the ward Pinewood Derby, watched Mary Poppins and went out for pizza on Saturday. They came up for Nathan's blessing this morning.
Since they got here, Elizabeth (age 4)has been saying 'I can't wait to go to the baby church.' I was worried that she would be disappointed to find out that it was not in fact a church full of babies. She seemed to have fun and didn't make any mention of disappointment so that's good. We are hoping they come up to visit us again this summer. We mentioned that we like to take the dogs to the Dog Park in the summer and she liked that idea about as well as baby church, so it should be fun.

8 comments:

Emmy said...

Okay, first, the person who took this picture was too short. Everyone's looking down except the four year old!
second, you totally look like Rachel Ray in these Pictures and I think she's adorable. I think YOU'RE adorable. Don't be too hard on yourself. You have a stunning family. LOVE!!!

Ginger said...

You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Love, MOM Knecht

Wendy said...

Um, this is a perfect example of us seeing ourselves in a very different light than the rest of the world. I looked at these pictures more than once, quite closely, and I could not find a double chin. Not even the shadow of one. Maybe you've been looking at them with that monocle you wanted Chris to wear while he judges Ballroom competitions?

rachelsaysso said...

Is your hair blonde now? Because I love it. I think I must have met you when you were blonde because I always think you should be. And you look adorable.

And I'm kind of in love with Nathan. Can you please send him to me for a visit. And pack that sweater vest with him.

Kathy said...

I think you're crazy. No double chin there! You're funny though...

Lori Davis said...

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this day! You look beautiful in the pictures and you looked beautiful in person. John did a great job! We love you, Nathan!!

Susan said...

What double chin and enormous cheeks? What a good looking family the 3 of you make! Please send your pictures along in snapfish or something so that I can see all of them.
Love you all!

Unknown said...

oh come on, amanda! i've seen your cheeks WAAY bigger than that! this is nothing compared to post-wisdom teeth chipmunkness. just remember, and be grateful. ps, that ain't no double chin. you look so happy and wonderful. happy baby!