I'm wondering if I've given my little fella a complex. You see, I've been calling him chubby for a few weeks now. I wasn't worried that he would take it so personally, but apparently my little boy has developed an eating disorder. I think he has a touch of bulimia. He refuses to keep down any of his meals.
I'm kind of curious how much spit up is normal. I can't imagine that he gets to keep much of his food in his belly and it makes me sad. It also makes me saturated. Every shirt that I own and most of my pants have been puked on. Have I mentioned how much I love the smell of formula? (small barf)
I'm also sad that he doesn't get to wear his cute clothes for very long before they are completely soaked and I have to change him. He hates being wet and we end up going through several outfits a day.
So, new goal for the week is to stop calling him chubby and see if we can cut down on this barfing business. That or I could chat with the doctor tomorrow. See if all of this is normal.
5 comments:
If he is on formula, you could try soy formula. A lot of babies react quickly and kindly to it.
If that doesn't work, you could ask your doctor for baby Zantac. It works wonders.
My little Luke is a barfer too. Still is. It usually gets better around 9 months when they can control it a bit better.
Some babies just have a harder time than others. If he is chubby as you say and is thriving then he is fine. The less medicine you give your child the better.
If he cries and it hurts when he throws-up then that is a bigger issue. I just learned to keep a bib around him so that I wouldn't have to change his clothes all the time.
on the plus side, you get to use more of those cute baby clothes that they grow out of way to quickly!
I had a friend whose baby had a spit up problem, and the doctor said not to worry at first. I would just make sure that the doctor knows about it, I think that most of the time as long as they are still growing normally it is not a problem...
Does John like your new perfume, eau de spit up?
Amanda, I love your blog, hope you don't mind if I visit.
We had spitters as well, I learned that a good absorbent bath towel is a much better spit rag.
Maybe he should hang out with my son more often...then he won't have a complex. :)
Post a Comment