Has anyone heard of freecycle? Well, essentially it is free craigslist. I signed up awhile back and I get daily emails to tell me what people are looking for or what people are giving away. I've never been interested in anything and don't know why I keep reading. But then today, I got a break. A little freecycle gem came my way. Two actually.
So, this was a request:
"Need an infant swing, preferably a My Little Lamb cradle infant swing, and
sound monitor. My daughter had a baby girl on Monday and they're having
trouble getting any sleep, them or the baby. I think a swing would help them
all greatly. Thanks for your help."
First of all, great ask for a swing, because lots of people have them hanging around, but don't request the newest and most jazzy of swings when you are thinking free. Just so you get the idea, the swing that they are asking for is a $150 swing. It's adorable and I get why they might like that one, but just sounds to me like someone didn't get everything on their registry. Secondly, I would just like to remind this women about the nature of having a newborn. Of course they are having trouble getting sleep. THEY HAD A BABY!!!! I thought people got that. New baby=no sleep. Oh, well. Hopefully they will get a swing and a teenager. I remember I loved to sleep when I was a teenager.
Next is a freecycle offer. This woman was looking to part with:
"- a Bolivian Jew in a little basket
- a traditional purple Wanding Jew in a plastic pot"
I'm assuming that these are plants, after reading 'plastic pot' but I must say that right after reading 'bolivian jew in a little basket', all I could think was that the Bolivians I have know are small people, but I don't think it is appropriate to be offering them up on freecycle. I got a much needed laugh!
I was considering canceling my freecycle emails, but not now! Free gems.
3 comments:
I have not heard of free cycle, but maybe I should get on too. We really NEED a new plasma flat screen TV. Do you think anyone really just wants to get rid of one? :)
One of my mission companions uses freecycle--she tells me about all sorts of stuff she finds on there, but I've yet to see anything I'd want. ...but a Bolivian Jew in a little basket might be nice...haha
Ok that is laugh out loud funny -- I did - I laughed out loud right at my computer at work! hahahahhahahaha! I love it! I'm signing up for that -- keep posting hilarious ones!
Post a Comment