Sunday, February 22, 2009

Talents

What I wish I could do well:
1) Organization. A place for everything and everything in it's place.
2) Spatial awareness. I wish I could imagine furniture in a new place without having to move it first. Also wish that I could do tangram puzzles without crying.
3) Be nice. I wish I was a naturally kind person. Instead I am unfortunately judgemental. I have realized that I am most judgemental of qualities that are similar to my weaknesses. It's easier to pick on someone else than to think about my short comings.
4) Juggle. Not nearly as important as being nice, but it would be great.
5) Play the harmonica. Then for sure Harry Connick Jr. would love me. Right?
6) Remember things. Anything, really. I would just love to be able to remember that I told you some story yesterday and not go through the trouble of re-telling the same thing to my own embarassment. I of course don't get embarassed because I don't remember telling you-obviously. But, since I know this is a weakness, please forgive Grandma Johnson for the same stories.
7)Cook. Well, I think I actually cook well, so I guess I should wish to enjoy cooking more.

Just a few of things off my wish list.

Today we went to church and had a lovely if not sleepy time. I had to get up for a once a month 7:30am meeting. At said meeting, I was told that I would now be needed at a different meeting every Sunday at the same time. I should have skipped this morning's meeting and I never would have known. Maybe.

Nathan was cute and received lots of attention as you would expect.

Someone brought oodles of doughnuts to church to pass out. They were delicious. You know how some churches do a little social hour after church with treats? Why don't we do that? I don't want to be on the treat committee, but boy would I love more treats.

Nathan is at another one of these weird stages when he is switching up his daytime schedule to accomodate his nighttime sleepytime. This is fine with me since he is now sleeping 6hrs a night. But instead of napping for long naps, he seems to be catnapping a lot. We'll see how things even out. Hopefully this week.

Well, here are my pictures of the day. 1 day old and 6 weeks. My little boy is growing up!


3 comments:

Bronwyn James said...

And he's growing up beautifully! Such a face!

I'm with you on the juggling thing. Not crucial, but pretty cool.

Andrea said...

Great list. I enjoy the pictures of the day. Nathan has the cutest little button nose!

The McCook Family said...

Congratulations on the baby!! He is so cute! We are very happy for the three of you.