Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm so mad I could spit

Okay, not really because I HATE spitting. I can't even remember the last time I felt like spitting. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember running once and maybe I thought about spitting for some reason. You can see that it has been a long time because I think it has been a decade since I ran anywhere. So, I must really be mad, right? Right.
Who else is going to boycott M&M's because they are now sexualizing (word?) M&M's? Has anyone seen the commercials that I'm talking about? Seriously? Is the economy dramatically effecting the sale of our tasty little chocolate nuggets to the point that they need to go the way of Trashy/slutty Arby's? Hmm? Anyone.
I've written my letter. Well, actually it was an email, but still. Hey, do you think that when you email your complaints about trashy advertising that they take you as seriously as when you actually send them a letter? Rachel, any feedback on this, O Queen of All Letter Writers?
Well, just needed to share my concern. I am only theoretically boycotting M&M's, since in practice I am a weak individual and cannot resist the tempting Peanut Butter M&M's. Is anyone stronger than I am?

3 comments:

Lori Davis said...

You saw me the other night with the m&m's so I am also a weak person, but I have thought that same thing about the ads. Maybe I should write a letter... hmmm....

rachelsaysso said...

I'm theoretically with you in the boycott. But since M&Ms are my All-Time Favorite Candy they would have to put pictures of naked people on the bag for me to stop eating them.

And speaking of nake people...I came home with US Weekly and Katie came home with People the other night and in both magazines were ads with very naked women. Bert's Bee's (who have already received a angry letter from me last week) and Caress body lotion (who is now the newest member of my Letter Writing Club).

I bet they take your email as seriously as they would take an actual letter, which is not much.

Heather said...

I'm actually eating M&Ms right now. Both the plain and the peanut butter. And I love them. But I have not seen those ads, and hearing that makes me sad. I'll have to write a letter too.