Monday, August 6, 2007
Oi Vei
This morning I woke up to a highly congested husband. I had a 'my poor baby' moment and then to my deep distress I realize a few hours later that I am the one to be pitied. I have a sinus issue. I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a bad week. Not only am I feeling sinusy, but it is sooo humid here right now. I made the mistake of getting motivated to be healthier this morning and I decided to take my beloved Max for a walk. There is a really darling cemetery near my house. You might be wondering about my use of the word darling for a cemetery, but it is one of those old ones. It is surrounded by fields of what I think are soybeans, right next to a red barn. Have I mentioned how glad I am that I live near a red barn? If I was going to play the Glad Game, I would mention the red barn. So, anyway, after I had committed to the walk, by packing my little bag of water bottle, banana, ziploc baggies for dog poops, keys and cell phone, I opened the door and my common sense not stopping me, I headed for the cemetery. I was sweating by second 2 of my walk, but I perservered. I know, props to me. So 50 minutes later I returned home. I don't think it is actually a 50 minute walk, but we are trying to train Max not to pull on the leash. To accomplish this you have to stop everytime the leash gets too tight and stand still until he lets up on it. For the first 1/4 mile I stopped every 3 steps. He finally learned. Either that or he got so exhausted from the humidity that he had all he could do to keep up. Either way, the rest of the walk wasn't so bad. Here's to hoping the week gets better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, I hope you don't get sinus sick. I hate that kind. It makes you feel like you're living in a daze (or having an out of body experience).
Poor Amanda...
Your walk sounds hilarious. But from what you've told me today, he is not so good. Welcome to the ever-changing life of doggie-parenting.
PS: For some reason, I actually wanted to BE her at some point. Scary.
PS: Irene Cara, I mean. That's all.
Post a Comment