
Oh, where, oh where is my little book 'The Giver'? Oh, where, oh where could it be? I have been getting so over-anxious about school starting and it is taking it's toll on me. So the other day, I decided that since it has been raining almost non-stop, I should just get a good book, curl up on the couch and read while listening to the rain and forgetting about school. So, I went to my bookcase and searched and searched for The Giver. I think it is probably my favorite book. And, guess what? It is nowhere to be found.
So, I gave up the search and went to nap. It was a good alternative, but today I have determined to just relax and try to forget about school. I didn't bring home any little projects to work on and every time John catches me on a teacher website he is now kicking me off. So, I am needing to start a book. I am feeling like a re-read, so I need some help deciding.
Choice #1: To Kill a Mockingbird
Choice #2 Ender's Game
Choice #3 My Side of the Mountain
Now you have probably already heard of the first three, but may need a little help with the fourth one. So here's a little link. Bras and Broomsticks

7 comments:
I voted for Bras and Broomsticks because it sounds funny and you probably need something funny right now. But in my heart I really voted for To Kill a Mockingbird because it's one of my favorite books of all time.
I'll have to say To Kill a Mockingbird. I just re-read it last week, and it gave my the same warm tingly feeling all over again.
I'm voting Bras and Broomsticks because I've never heard of it, but it sounds like fun! And really, you need a fun book. ...and I love you for giving me the next book I'm going to read!
I agree with everyone - while To Kill a Mockingbird is a favorite, it might be a little much right now. The funny one sounds good!
Why are you so nervous about school?
I don't really know why I'm so nervous. There is a lot to do since the school in general and my room specifically don't have all the resources that I was used to using. We are starting a new writing and reading program with the kids that is not very defined (not Teacher's Edition for Reading) so that has me a little stressed. I'm also worried because I know that I will have kids that are already reading and that has never been the case before. So, I am worried about knowing what to do with those kids that are already smarty-pants readers. ?? Ok, I am stressing again thinking about it and today has been quite successful on the relaxing front. I did start reading Bras and Broomsticks and then I feel asleep for almost 2 hrs on the couch! My neck and back feel quite a bit better. I am also going to a ward ice cream social tonight, so that sounds pretty good, right? I know I shouldn't worry so much, but it is hard. I went to the gym this morning to exercise so I could work off some of the stress (see what I mean? turning to exercise? Very un-myself.) and I stayed on the exercise bike for 40 minutes because it felt good. What is going on with me? I know now!
sorry about all my typos
Ender's Game is my ALL TIME Fav! I love the characters, the story, the END! Oh, my word! I loved, loved, loved it!
Sorry about all the stress. I am stressed to the MAX, too. Although, I can't get to a gym. . .so, I go to my pantry instead. Works just the same. :)
Jacob's in the bishopric, me in the R.S. presidency, new baby, needy toddler. . . ahhh!! Someone help me! :) My release is coming soon. yay! I plan on enjoying my 10 extra hours a week.
Post a Comment