I can't remember what the Care Bears say. Anyone? Was it Care Bears Activate? Who knows. Maybe I should do a blog entry about Thunder Cats instead, cause I remember their thing. "Thunder Cats Hoaaaaaaaaa." That doesn't really matter because this entry is not really about Care Bears or Thunder Cats. Had you fooled for a minute didn't I. This blog is two fold. 1)Get excited because now I have the little computer thingie that allows me to put my pictures on my computer without taking them to Target and standing behind someone that is ordering 17 t-shirts, 47 mugs and 1236 other random prints off of their memory card, just to make a CD with my pictures. Of course I have so many photos on my camera (540 to be exact) that it takes me 30 minutes to make 2 CD's only holding 220 of the pictures. So, now it is instant! I'm pretty pumped about this.
2) As if that is not exciting enough, I want you to see the house that belongs to my Crazy Old Lady neighbor. She lives around the corner and her yard is incredible. There's nothing else I can say about it. I do feel bad for her though because her husband died some years ago before which time he played the neighborhood Santa. They would light up their yard and all the kiddies would come over. Then apparently towards the end of his Santa stint, they realized their entrepreneurial ambitions and started charging $10 for the little kids to come up and see Santa and take their picture with him and see their lights. So, the Happy Valley Santa lost his draw. They live on Happy Valley Street. I didn't want people getting confused thinking I had packed up and joined Gina in Utah. So, here are the pics. Enjoy!
2) As if that is not exciting enough, I want you to see the house that belongs to my Crazy Old Lady neighbor. She lives around the corner and her yard is incredible. There's nothing else I can say about it. I do feel bad for her though because her husband died some years ago before which time he played the neighborhood Santa. They would light up their yard and all the kiddies would come over. Then apparently towards the end of his Santa stint, they realized their entrepreneurial ambitions and started charging $10 for the little kids to come up and see Santa and take their picture with him and see their lights. So, the Happy Valley Santa lost his draw. They live on Happy Valley Street. I didn't want people getting confused thinking I had packed up and joined Gina in Utah. So, here are the pics. Enjoy!
First Picture: Zoom in on this one. Poor little Tender Heart Bear. I can't tell if she likes stuffed animals or had a bad experience growing up and is taking out her aggression by hanging them. Any takers? Next picture: Heaven for all good little lawn tchotchkes.
9 comments:
I think it was "Care Bear Stare!" And then their tummies would explode with love.
Thank you Rachel! Now that you say that, I feel a little silly for Care Bears Activate. All I can say is that it has been 20 yrs, right?
Also, just for the record I was NOT up posting on my blog at 5 in the morning. YOU know there is no way that would happen. ZZZZZZZ
Oh, the "Care Bear Stare." I forgot all about that.
I think I still have a Care Bear in my storage. Maybe I should get that out and hang it from my balcony?
Who knew this whole time I had lawn art just waiting to be released?
You know, you told me about your Crazy Old Lady neighbor, but I didnt want to believe it--I was hoping that was some freak thing her grand kids had done that day...but now that I've seen the picture, I'm guessing it IS an act of revenge on her bad childhood. Dont let her near Max caues he's really cute and you never know what bad experiences Crazy Old Lady Neighbor's had with dogs!
who is heat?
Oops! Sorry! It's me--Heather! You know, one of the people you left behind in CA. I miss you!!!
Oh, hi Heather! I miss you too! I'm glad you found my blog! Do you have one yet? You should get you one! :)
I think that lady wanted some kind of child repellant. How many kids do you think will knock on HER door at Halloween?
Post a Comment