The blog Gods are apparently not my friends these days since I have been having no luck posting.
Yesterday, I typed up the REALLY long and very anticipated post, only to have it lost when the internet fritzed. So today, I got brave and decided to give it another chance. Another long and witty (if I do say so myself) post. Poof! Gone! Who knows. So, here I sit, typing a pretend post because I imagine that as soon as I hit the 'publish post' button, this will be lost. Since I have been witty three times in the last two days, I really have nothing else to give. This may be a bit dry. I'll do my best.
Thing 1: I am kind-of a big deal! (300 bonus points for naming that movie.) After what seems like a lifetime, I have returned to the world of gym workout classes. After my third failed attempt at posting this morning, I got mad and headed off to a kickboxing class. I'm the woman!! Between the rage of blogging and picturing someone trying to steal Nathan, I was kicking some serious trash in that class. Unfortunately, I am quite out of shape and in reality, the class kicked my trash. I'm already having pain as I sit down in chairs. I might not actually get out of bed tomorrow. Anyone want to sign up for lunch bunch at my house? I will let you bring the lunch. Meet me at my bedside. Perhaps a flower on the tray? Vases are above the stove. Aaahhhh! That sounds heavenly. Jammies All Day- Day! I declare it.
Thing 2: This last week has been a bit of a nightmare here on the ranch. Nathan had decided last week that he was kind of over naps. For 3 days, he slept only 30 minutes each day. I tried to explain to John how this was going to be problematic if it continued. He didn't understand until I started sobbing uncontrollably. The good man that he is, had me call a babysitter and took me out. We've already been over how I felt about G.I.Joe, but I do always enjoy date nights.
Good news for all those concerned about my sanity: Nathan is back to taking naps. He was at 3 naps a day and it seems to be that he has dropped the 1pm nap and has settled on 2. This actually works better for MY schedule as I can leave the house now without neglecting at least one of his naps. So, I am a happy and showered woman once again!
Things 3,4 &5: Recent Happenings
Last weekend, we had our first ever block party. Fantastic fun. Love my neighbors.
Two weekends ago, we were a touch busy. We had a wedding lucheon to go to for a sister missionary that served in our area. it was so fun to see her and her new husband. She looked beautiful! We only wished our visit could have been longer.
We also had to fit in the Wisconsin State Fair. As you all know (or should know) I am obsessed with Fairs. I have loved them since I was just a little girl. Luckily, my mom understands the importance of fairs. Off we went. Nathan had fun. I kept trying to show him the animals, but he was more interested in trying to get hold of the cages and I don't think he ever saw the animals. He's just always on the look-out for something he can put in his mouth.
Thing 6: In a couple weeks, I am going to CT to visit the homestead. My mom is flying Nathan and I out for a week long visit. Nathan will be meeting his aunt, uncle and hopefully cousin for the first time. Should be a fantastic time. Can't wait.
Alrighty, well I'm going to give this a whirl. If it doesn't post this time, I'm going to go back to hand-written letters. Down with technology.
No comments:
Post a Comment