Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sorry

Okay, so this is not the long-awaited post about Nathan and all of our recent monumental life experiences.
I however must jump in here and post in warning to all those that I love dearly. I am going to start a phone chain for those that don't read my blog.
WARNING: DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON G.I. JOE!!!!!!
Many of you will not need this warning, you simply are not in the market for this kind of film. Those of you that are contemplating to go, or not to go...DON'T GO!
First of all, the movie opens with 10 minutes of shoot 'em up, blow 'em up, zap 'em up sequence. Now I get those scenes and why they are kind of important to a movie, but sometimes it helps if they warm you up a little bit. Nope! Not this movie.
After you get through that bit, you start to try and follow the plot.
Okay, okay, okay...I get it. Protecting some war heads that will, of course, destroy the universe. Okay, okay, blah, blah, blah...and then BRENDAN FRASIER???? WHAT? Why on earth???
If anyone knows me at all, you know how I feel about Brendan Frasier. I feel that his acting is on par with Keanu Reeves. As soon as he came on the screen, John and I were both ready to go home.
I kept rolling my eyes and had no problem getting up and leaving to use the bathroom during a very crucial part of the movie. You really have to care about a movie to sit still with a full bladder.
So, towards the end, John just leans over and says "Are you ready?" Out we went. If anyone managed to get through it, I hope the ending justified some of the movie. I couldn't waste another minute of my life waiting to find out.

P.S. Did I ever blog about my experience with Manheim Steamroller?

4 comments:

Emmy said...

VERY good to know. .. thanks!!!

Katie said...

I totally agree with you about Brenden Frasier and Keanu Reeves -- horrible actors! Have you seen A Walk in the Clouds? I want to gag every time I think about it. Both are only good as dorks -- Bill and Ted's, and Encino Man. That's it. Thanks for the warning.

Kathy said...

You are hilarious. Glad I have my own personal movie critic!

Lori Davis said...

Whoever Katie is, I love you! I always laugh about Walk in the Clouds... and I still frequently picture Keanu Reeves under the bus in Speed and just start laughing. I am pretty sure that was not the moment they wanted us to laugh. I was not going to GI Joe anyway, but I am glad to know I am not missing out on anything! :)