In the last couple of days, I have been encouraged by several friends to update my blog.
I must apologize for my lack of posts. I do, however, have a very good reason. I am boring. There it is. I have realized that I have two options. One: be one of those mommy bloggers (I know some punctuation belongs here to make it work, but I don't know what that is, so I will ask my grammactically brilliant friends) only blogging about how cute my baby is and interesting tidbits about his growth/devlopment or I can not blog.
I have chosen the not blogging route recently.
What have you missed? Hmm..
1. I am quite a bowler and would like to join a league. I of course will have to buy my own bowling ball because I have a man-size thumb, but need a ball the weight of a children's ball. I went bowling with John and scored 121 and then went later with my friend and her kids, and scored a 143. I know, I know. I'll make t-shirts for the fan club. Just email me your sizes.
2. I am busy playing mom of the year. I don't know when applications should be submitted, but I'm working on things.
Motherly accomplishments:
Nathan has 4 teeth
He has learned how to get his legs stuck in the crib. I am very good at yelling for John to get him out. See what a good mom I am?
He now rolls from back to front
He continues to be the cutest little 7 month old that I know
We read, sing, nap, go to play group, go for rides in the stroller
We play with the puppies. He still thinks dog kisses are funny. Who am I to ruin that for him?
You can see, I've been busy. I know that most of the things I listed have required no effort on my part, so I might really not win Mother of the Year. If you have any ideas for padding my resume, let me know.
3. I have joined a book club. We had our first meeting this week and based on the treats alone, it's gonna be good. The company was fantastic too! We are reading The Time Traveler's Wife for our first book. I'm finding it interesting, but lots of questions.
4. We have been busy planning, unplanning and replanning our trip to the WI State Fair. Today is the day. John is currently in the driveway fixing the brakes in preparation for our trek east. Wish us luck. I'm just hoping that the cotton candy doesn't taste like hand lotion.
I am prepared to take lots of pictures and do lots of people watching today at the fair. So, hopefully I will have a little jump start when it comes to my pathetic blog.
5 comments:
There is NOTHING better than people watching a state fair. .I don't know where those people come from, but it's pure enjoyment. Where else can you see a little kid walk into a public restroom wtih no shoes on, people awwing at pigs and great big men with no teeth trying to eat corn on the cob. Wish I was there. Sigh.
The signs have come up around here for the LA County Fair. I'm giddy!!!!
And thanks for updating. I don't think you're boring at all.
Hurray for the fair! I've got my fingers crossed for good cotton candy. I think the last time I had cotton candy was in the early 80's. I'm clearly past due for a good state fair experience.
I wanna be in a book club... you should invite me!
I am so happy to have an update on you!! (Getting daily updates through real life contact is not enough... I need more :) You are not boring at all and I can't wait to hear about the fair!!
P.S. I think you pretty much have mom of the year in the bag!
Post a Comment