Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Double Dog Dare You

I've been feeling a bit mean and cranky today. I am blaming the fact that I vacuumed and washed the floors, so Nathan could drag himself around. After the floors were dry, I set him down and off he went. I picked him up a few minutes later and his shirt was dirty!! WHAT THE HECK!!!!! Why exactly should I clean?
So,I go to the mailbox, hoping for presents or really early Birthday cards to make my day. Instead I find another paper from our insurance company. It's one of those lovely Explanation of Benefits papers, that tells you what the doctor charged the insurance company and then what they are going to charge you.
So, a few weeks ago I went to the eye doctor because the corner of my eye was red and puffy. I had pink eye the week before and was concerned that maybe my eye plug was infected. (Eye plugs because I have dry eyes. These keep my tears from draining off.)
Also important to know: I had Lasiks done several years back and I don't require glasses or contacts.
So the Explanation of Benefits paper says that I had an Eye Exam and then a Vision Service. Well, my eye exam is covered at 100%, but they pay nothing on my Vision Service. I'm kind of confused about what kind of extra service I received. Now a nurse did come in to hold Nathan while they were looking at my eyeball, but that was about it.
So, you are all wondering what the Visions Service is, huh? Well, it's the 'Which is better, A or B, part of the visit. Now I don't know that much about Optometry, but I would have thought that that was part of the Eye Exam. Hmm...if not, what was the Eye Exam and why did I get the A or B part since I was not there for new contacts.
Someone is just trying to make an extra buck. And what kind of crap insurance doesn't pay for Vision Service. Hmm??
I really should call back and apologize to the poor woman in billing that I was mean to. I won't, but I should.
Whose next? I've still got a little bit of spitfire in me, yet! Warning: Do not cross me today. I'm on the warpath.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have those lovely plugs for my dry eyes too. Do you wake up in the morning with extremely puffy eyes from them? I do, I look like I was just brutally beat up in a boxing match. I probably should have warned Andrew about that before we married.