Several years ago, I let John pick a quilt that I would make him. He chose a beautiful quilt that requires me to do lots and lots of triangles. Even though I call myself a quilter, I'm a total poser. I've made a few strip quilts and then proceeded to tie them. I've given them as gifts and had no complaints, but really I need to get on the ball if I want to be one of those old lady quilters with some mad skills. After 2 years of staring at the fabric, I decided to conquer my fear. Here's what I did.

I know, I know. I'm pretty amazing! Who knew I had it in me? I'm pretty sure that after that one square, I'm destined for greatness. Now let's see if I can keep at it and maybe by our 10th wedding anniversary, he'll have his quilt! (P.S. This is not John's quilt. Just a practice square. His is much more masculine)
Oh, and just a glimpse of Nathan's day. He was watching a little Sesame Street on my computer, while I worked.
I'm pretty sure that that whole 'don't let your kids watch tv until they're two' business, doesn't count if they are watching it on the computer. Right? And besides, Nathan never watches other tv like NCIS or The Real Housewives...
6 comments:
I love the quilt!!! I was thinking that was an odd fabric for John to choose... glad to hear his is different fabric! Too cute of Nathan... PBS is educational right?
Wow! You're fancy! And I think you should show John that square and say that you've changed your mind about the color scheme.
And I've always considered Sesame Street more of a textbook than a tv show.
I just got on again to watch Nathan bob his head to Sesame Street... I love this video... he does not even glance your way!
Nope, I'm not very interesting in comparison to Ernie. There is a little moment when it kind of looks like he raises his eyebrows, just a touch. Even when he's not doing anything, I think he's the cutest little boy ever!
That's Henry in front of Sesame Street too, especially Elmo's World. Sesame Street coma is just about right. :)
i have a quilting confession to make: i bought fabric the summer after we got married, and only now am i actually getting close to having something to show for it. i have 22 squares (of 30) constructed, but it's taken 6 years! i think tenth anniversary is probably about right. :)
Post a Comment