Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Magical Fireplace and stuff

Well, just as an update, I think I have decided to vote. Hooray for me! I think! AND...I think I know who I'm voting for. I still will be having a party on the 5th to celebrate the fact that this is all over for 4 years, but there you go. The party may look surprisingly baby focused since I am having my baby shower on Nov 4th. When one of my friends found out, she was a little shocked, saying that it was on voting day. It is of the drop in and visit or just leave your present variety, so there will be plenty of evening freedom for voting. (How do you punctuate that sentence? I know there should be another something, somewhere, but am not sure) (Also, how do I do little small writing here in a different font like some people do?)
Okay, so I haven't mentioned that yesterday it snowed here in the frozen north. John called from work to see how I was and I said I was having kind of a grumpy day. He was heading home for lunch and informed me that it was snowing. Sure enough. I looked out the window and what did I see? Despair!
It took him a bit to get home because he is a smart man and stopped to get me a 2 Liter of Pepsi (aka Nectar of the Gods) and some yummy ice cream. I'm really an easy person to please.
But then to top it off, he started the fireplace in the house! Oh, the joy. It is one of those gas fireplaces and the other day while learning how to light the pilot light, I nearly lost my eyebrows and eyelashes, so I'm a little afraid.
So, while I hate that winter is coming soon, I do love the glow of a fireplace. Cozy, cozy, cozy. Matched with my feetsy pajamas that I still fit into, I am a happy, snuggly girl.

2 comments:

Liz the Poet said...

What I wouldn't give for a reason for a fire!!!!!

Do you know I turned on the air conditioner yesterday? I did! I couldn't stand it! It was 85 degrees in my apartment!

Sweet Land of Liberty!

Gina said...

Wigs on the Green!