Friday, October 10, 2008

Large with Child

20 weeks

28 weeks



















Here is a new picture of me. It seems like at up to 20 weeks, the growing belly was a cheerful sight. Now it is just making me feel like a whale, giving me heartburn and getting in my way. Sorry to those of you who have been hounding me for another picture.

The panic is setting in about actually delivering a child. People who haven't had one in awhile say it's not that bad and you will forget it. The problem is that I have two friends who have had babies in the last nine weeks and I am believing them and their sad stories.

I haven't slept through the night for two weeks now and I don't think it is a fluke. It is sad, because most of you know my love of sleep. Daytime napping doesn't even make up for it and I'm almost too bitter to nap. Go figure!

Well, folks, I am off to the temple tomorrow with the youth and I am going to try to fit into my temple dress one last time. If not, I'll wear one of their tents. :) Cross your fingers for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda-I feel for you. I had the worst heart burn and pregnant insomnia too! My doctor recommended that I take Prilosec (they just came out with a generic version that's much cheaper and works just as well) for heart burn and taking a Unisom to help get to sleep. Both of these medicines actually saved me from going completely crazy. I highly recommend them. About giving birth-- that is not the scary thing for me because I believe in drugs. The scary part for me is having to actually take a newborn home and care for him while you are recovering from the most physically challenging thing in your life. Because raising a child was such a scary idea for me I read a lot of parenting books and I think they helped. I highly recommend the following books: The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, Baby Wise, and The Happiest Baby on the Block. If you're going to read any parenting books read them before the baby comes, it's hard to find the time once your baby gets here.
I hope I haven't giving you any unnecessary anxiety. You'll be great.
-Stacy Knecht

rachelsaysso said...

If it gives you any comfort, my little pal Rachel had a baby (Scooter #2) on Friday and her total labor and delivery time was only 1.5 hours. You'll be great.

And I didn't actually have Stacy's heartburn but I sure heard about it, and about the miracle of the drugs afterwards. Trust the girl.

Nicole said...

January is only three months away! Congratulations! I am due May 28. I already feel unmotivated to do a huge list of things that I should. With my last pregnancy I told my husband that we were going to hire a cleaning company to clean the house... not happening :( I have a planned c-section and I still have anxiety over delivery. Maybe it's just a mom thing to worry. I wish you the best and look forward to hearing the great news!