Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Questions for y'all

Quick check on my friends.

Wendy: How are you doing? I have been thinking about you the last few days and wanted to call you today. I don't have your phone number. Could you email it to me?
What is your favorite thing about Texas? Least favorite?

Sara: So good to talk to you today. If you had a weekend without the kids, what would you do?

Rachel: In your dream life, would you rather have a published book or free travel for life?

Liz: Tell me a bit about your M.M.A. What is your favorite media to work with? Also, is there anything that you don't do well?

Gina: What is the best thing you have done this summer? Seems like you have had fun running here and there. I'm a little jealous as we haven't done anything summery. We even baled on camping.

Laura: Are you still dating that same guy? I check on your blog daily to check in on you, and am waiting to hear some mention. If you don't want to comment on a public blog about it, go ahead and email. But, I need to know.

Katie: The other week I was with some friends and Creme Brulee came up. Boy do I love your culinary talents. Someday when I am really wealthy I am going to hire you to come out once a month and make me some of that magical stuff. What is your new favorite recipe? P.S. have you ever commented on my blog before? Do you read my blog? Why have you still not given in to the peer pressure and started your blog? Huh???

Andrea: How was your visit with your parents? What did you guys do? Also, are you a pet person? I feel like you aren't, but was just thinking that you would be my friend that could have one of those annoyingly small dogs and it would seem fitting. Just curious!

Bronwyn: For everyone that doesn't vist Bronwyn's blog, you should. Look what you missed. Do they get cuter? Okay, so Bronwyn, do you have a baby book yet to fill in? I feel that this is a must because I lived my whole life without a baby book and as the youngest of 5, I felt shafted until I was....well, forever. What are you looking forward to the most, nervous about? Anyone wanting to give Bronwyn unsolicited advise (well, at least unsolicited by her) feel free to leave a comment on her blog. She loves comments! Can't wait to see Henry!

Amy: Hello there friend. Are you going to be living in Utah indefinitly now? I loved the idea of having a friend in Seattle. That was my favorite road trip destination.

Um, okay, who else reads my blog?

Ginger: I miss you. Any new adorable pictures of Thomas? "I need, I need." When do Camille and Casey get home? If we have a girl, we are going to name her Camille. Good name, huh?

Heather: How is life treating you girl? Aside from the school frustrations? How are your parents? Do you ever hear from the Ford's or the Facer's? I miss our ladies nights out with them.

Tammy: Congrats on losing 10 lbs. How is that going? My favorite little treat was those packets of three Hostess 100 calorie chocolate cupcakes. Yum! Have you gone over to visit the girls lately? If you haven't you should. Bring Sarah too! Then you can blog about your visit and I can feel like I was there. P.S. Tell Sarah to update her blog. I don't know that she reads my blog, so pass it on.

Okay, I guess I'm done. If you didn't get your own personal question, just let me know that you are a huge fan of my blog and I will shoot you off your very own.

Lots of love, friends!

18 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

I would take the free travel. Who needs to be published when you can spend the summer swinging on a hammock on the Seychelle Islands.

And great questions for everyone. What a good friend you are.

And Laura, I would like to be in on the email update if you don't post on your blog.

Andrea said...

My parents are here for another week and I'm loving it. I think I'm going to be "sick" on Friday so instead of work my mom is going to take me out for a fun day of shopping and See's candy sampling. Saturday is my nephew's baptism so the whole family will be together, can't wait.
As for pets, well you've guessed it, I'm not a pet person. At times I think it would be fun to have a little dog but then I get to thinking about fleas, poop, slobber, etc. and that kills it for me.
What a clever blog post! I can't wait to read everyone's responses. Thanks for thinking of all of us Amanda! :)

Amanda said...

Well, I miss you guys terribly and think about you all the time. I still wish that we all lived so close again and could just get together and laugh.
Have fun shopping and candy eating!

Rachel, I am a great travel buddy. Just so you know.

Gina said...

Amanda! Great questions! Is this your way of working in the round robin? Where is it, anyway?

Summer is just about to a close for me, which is actually almost good because I have no more closets to clean out, and my carpet has been steamed and vacuumed, and I'm finding that sitting on the couch is becoming a chore because my body wants to be working again. Stink!

Love you, and you're great!

Liz the Poet said...

Amanda, this was a fantastic idea!

To answer your question: right now my favorite thing is experimenting. Will this blend with that? Can I peel that off and get a different effect? What happens if I mix wax with oil pastels?

A LOT of trial and error. You can’t imagine how many times I’ve painted gesso (a kind of thick white paint) over the whole thing and started over. I’m still trying to find my style (if I have one).

I’m currently working on three pieces (for Hannah, Liz L., and Rachel) and they all look different. Right now, I’m just trying not to get discouraged and throw them away which I’ve been wanting to do since I started them.

I love the creation process, but I hate the pressure of “Is this crap? Are they going to hate it and think I’m the lamest friend on the planet because I’ve given them a junky birthday gift?”

You know how I am…

Amanda said...

I do know how you are Liz and always remember that you don't need to do 'this might suck' disclaimers. :) That is my one piece of artistic advice. Really nothing to do with art itself. Also, P.S. I hesitate to put my name on the 'I want one list' because I know you are a bit full right now, but I would LOVE,LOVE,LOVE one someday. At your leisure. Maybe soemthing for Cami's first birthday??? That should eliminate some pressure.

Also, Gina, this is not to replace the Round Robin, just an attmept to get comments from all my favorite people! :) I don't know where the round robin is. I'm anxious for it's return.

Amanda said...

P.S. Gina, I don't think you answered your question.

Heather said...

You are so cute! I love the questions idea! I'm so glad you all convinced me to start a blog so that I can keep up on your lives....I know I'm a slacker at the commenting, but it's because I'm really bad at words and the english language in general (...and every other language for that matter!).

Asside from my continuing school frustration, I'm great. My parents are good too--just getting ready to retire and go on their mission together. They are really excited for it.

I see the Facers every once in a while--they are thrilled to be grandparents to a nearby baby. :) I haven't heard from the Fords in a while, but I think my parents are trying to set up a time to go visit them. If I'm not mistaken, they're inviting the Facers, too. Can you imagine how much fun they'll have?!?

Amanda said...

Heather,
I can imagine how fun! Just remembering our girl's nights out and our fun ward activities. Aaaahhhhh. I'm just going to pretend I am there. Maybe I should pull out my flat Amanda and send her along. She hasn't been out in awhile.
Glad to hear that everything else is going great for you. When do your parents plan on leaving on their mission?

rachelsaysso said...

You should send Flat Amanda out for the Olympic Party on the 8th. I'm going to bust out Not So Flat Andrea for the occassion. I'm trying to decide which country to dress her up as.

I know I should have sent NSF Andrea on to her but it's like she's here whenever I look at her sitting on my desk.

Wendy said...

I clicked to leave my comment, and then read everyone else's comments, and now I've genuinely forgotten the questions I'm supposed to answer. Okay...it's coming back to me...my phone numbers: Home:940-441-4516 Cell:817-217-6018. The probability of having a good conversation rises exponentially after 8 pm Central time.

What do I like about Texas? Well, being born and partially raised in the state really does make it seem like home. Texans are so loyal, and I feel like such a part of something great when I'm able to say I'm a native Texan too. That might sound strange, but such is human nature, right? We crave being part of something big.

What don't I like about Texas? I have no family or friends here! Honestly, this has never happened to me in all my adult life. I've never moved anywhere and not found at least one person with whom I felt I connected on a variety of levels. It's quite strange, actually. I guess I've just been spoiled, and now I'm paying my dues. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't keep in touch with you all. I would feel so alone! Hurray for the internet!

Amanda said...

Hooray for you Wendy! I'm going to give you a call. I'm looking forward to a chat. (after 8pm)
I was thinking the other day that my life is about to change in huge ways when we tried to watch a movie with a couple and their two kids. One is 2 1/2 and even though I had all my school stuff home and had her at a play dough center, it was a no go. The other one was an 8 month old and that was not happening.
I'm so glad we all keep in touch.
Love you guys.

Ginger said...

"Ginger is in the blog."
I miss you too and I love your pictures. Keep them coming. As for a cute picture of Thomas...I don't have any recent ones. Katie or Rachel may be able to help us all out on that one. I will be seeing him this weekend so I'll snap some photos then and post them. As for Casey and Camille... Camille comes home October 30th and Casey comes home around January 9th. They are both doing so well. They love their missions and have really great attitudes. Casey has been attacked by a bacteria in his stomach but has been given medication to help fight it off. We talked to him today and he is in good spirits and is ready to get back to work. As for you naming your little girl Camille...I love it!!! We had every intention of calling Camille "Cami" but ended up calling her "mille" (meally-bug). But as she grew, we loved the name Camille so much we stuck to that. Thanks for thinking of me. I read your blog often and you always make me smile. Tell John hi for me. I love you!

Laura said...

Yes, I'm still dating the same guy. Things are going very well! It's so nice to find someone that you fit so well with, have a good time with, are attracted to, and can imagine a life together. We're going to New Hampshire to meet his family at the end of September! What else do you want to know?

Katie said...

Okay, I do comment on blogs, and have commented on yours, I'm just really slow at reading blogs. I'll usually take a Saturday afternoon when I have one, and read all the old posts I've missed over the past few weeks. I'm sorry I've missed yours for a while. So, I don't really have any new recipes that I love. I tried a new one this weekend for a family get together, and it was good, but the crust was really hard. Like so hard, when someone asked what was in it, my dad answered, "concrete." Thanks dad. It's really easy, though. It's chocolate toffee bars. You take a cup of flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, cube of butter melted, 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped, and 1/2 cup toffee bits. Mix it all together and press in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Then let it cool down. Then take two boxes of chocolate pudding (instant) and mix it with 2 cups milk. Pour 1 1/2 cups of it over the cooled crust. Mix the rest with 1/2 an 8 oz. container of cool whip. Spread that over the pudding. Then spread the rest of the cool whip over the top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. It was good, rich, and the crust was a little hard. I just need to tweak it a little.

I hope all is well. I miss you a lot.

Heather said...

I really love this post--I'm learning so much! My parents will probably be going on their mission next summer (as in 1 year from now. Crazy!). They were going to wait a few more years for my dad to retire, but he decided he's done with work, and they moved it up. They've been teaching english (daily dose program) as their calling and loving it. My dad's hoping they'll get to go some where in South America, so he'll get to go back to his old stomping grounds. I'm not really sure how my mom feels about that, since she knows exactly 5 words in spanish, but hasnt said anything because she'll go anywhere with dad. It's cute.

Tammy said...

HI Amanda, I was so happy to be inclued in your post. Everything is going good with weight watchers it is slow but steady.
I did have a lttle girls out with Rachel and Sarah. We went to a new frozen yogurt place about a month ago. I miss you and I can't wait till you have your baby!

Amy said...

haha -- I was tempted to just put "yes." But I won't.

I am planning on staying in Utah indefinitely at this point - but I must say - I loved my trip back to the Midwest so so soooooo much that I could be tempted back there. I also could be tempted to leave everything and move to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, and be Dolly's back up singer. Actually, if I could do that - I'd pay them!