In a conversation with Rachel yesterday, I was looking for some advice on how to enjoy my life as a Woman of Leisure. Who better than to ask than Rachel?
Her advice is as follows:
1)Get a Moo-moo (or a Kimono)
2)If you smoke, get a long cigarette holder
3)Wear your hair in rollers occasionally
4)Obtain and use a hand held vanity set
5)Exercise the regular Day in Bed
6)Work on correspondence
So, if anyone else is planning to become a Woman of Elegant Leisure in the near future, you have now been instructed in the top 6 How To's.
6 comments:
I think you should also add gather flowers from the garden in a lovely basket while wearing a lovely dress... and maybe stitch a little something.
Oh, yeah. Both fantastic ideas. Makes me want to watch Anne of Green Gables. How sad that i don't own that and will have to NetFlix it. Shouldn't every woman own that movie?
I want to know how you get a gig as a Woman of Elegant Leisure!!
I found quitting my lousy thankless job to be quite effective.
Someday I too will be an elegant woman of leisure...
Maybe if I plan ahead by buying a Kimono it'll start the ball rolling?
I've been wanting a Kimono! I saw some at this store "Marukai" and I almost bought one to use as a robe. It was all silky and beautiful...I might have to go back...
Post a Comment