Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pregnancy Update


Okay,I've had a few requests as of late to update on my pregnancy and share pictures. Well, I have taken a few pictures and although I feel like I look pregnant, when I look at the pictures I realize I just look chubby, so I have hesitated in sharing until I look pregnant.
It is 5am. I am up with the dogs and feeling brave, so I guess I'll share.
I have to say that this pregnancy thing has been cake for me. I'm hoping now, that I haven't made too many enemies, but I really only had two weeks of slight nausea and that was really it. My only real symptom (pardom me boys) is the boob issue!!! I can't complain too much about that, but do I still have to wake up with sore boobs? Just curious.
I am 13 weeks along, so technically on Friday I will be done with my first trimester. It really has flown by and I'm excited for this second part. It's supposed to be even better than the first trimester.
Every once and awhile I get a little nervous or freaked out about things like, I don't actually know how to give a baby a bath, but then I realize that really that can't be too difficult. They are little, don't move too much and you just wipe them down, right?
There is one thing that actually stresses me out and that has to do with the lovely time of year that I will be having this baby in the frozen north. I haven't referred to Wisconsin that way in quite some time, because we have had a lovely spring and summer (minus rain and mosquitos). Most of you know that I don't really do well in the winter time. This past year, my loving mother sent me a happy lamp and life was better for me, but I am kind of nervous about having a baby/getting no sleep in January of all months. It is however a great time to hibernate
I don't know exactly what is included in a good pregnancy update, but for the record John is convinced we are having a girl. He constantly talked about having a boy and then one day that all changed. I however have had absolutely no impression on the matter and will just be happy for another dr's appt where I hear the magical heartbeat. We will find out girl/boy in August.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I was just thinking about you this morning. You look great! That little girl (or boy) is going to be so lucky to have you as his/her mother!!!

Liz the Poet said...

Yay for a picture!

I've been trying to imagine you and you look just as I thought: too cute, with a little baby in the tummy!

Please keep us posted...

Heather said...

You totally look Pregers, and not chubby. I am so excited for you! I think that birthing in the middle of winter will be an excellent excuse not to leave the house in the cold for a while. And aren't pregnant people always hot? Maybe the two extreems will balance out a little for you. Have I congratulated you yet? Because, really, Congrats!

themayerfamily said...

I can tell you that being pregnant through the cold months is going to be wonderful! However, after the baby comes, you'll find yourself a little chilly.
I think you totally look pregnant, so don't even give it another thought. I have a trained eye for spotting Pregnant women:) Um, and after the baby comes, it will be a perfect excuse for you in january, not to go out and about, although the real feeling is that you just need to sleep a lot!

Taryn said...

Too cute! You are very lucky to not have had much nausea. Why is it that some women don't and I of course DO! Not too fun.

The best part about being pregnant in the winter is that you have a heater built inside so that you are generally never cold. Now I was pregnant in Cali so that is an entirely different story.

The bad news about delivering in the winter is that the chances of getting sick are higher. I delivered Luke in December and once you have a baby your immune system goes wacky for awhile, so make sure that you have your vitamin C!

On a happier note, bathing babies is scary at first but just watch your nurses in the hospital. They make it look so easy and all you have to do is mimic them!

rachelsaysso said...

If you want any bathing pointers call my mom. She's an expert baby washer. We have pictures to prove it.

And you look fantastic (and you know I would tell you the truth). Thanks for sharing the pictures and keep them coming.

Bronwyn James said...

Yeah, I can see him there! Hmm, I guess I think it's a him. And his name shall be Doug. I actually can't imagine calling a baby boy Doug. It would have to be Dougie for the first few years. If it's a girl she can be Shermika. I heard that name at the doctor's office a couple of weeks ago. Shermika Johnson. What say you? What say you?!

Silvestre Family said...

First, you look adorable with that new mommy glow (and yes pregnant... not chubby.
Second, the only bad thing about the winter is that sometimes after the baby is born you start getting cabin fever, and I dont know much about the frozen North, but it probably isnt good for little ones to be out in a blizzard.
And best of all...... before Bella was born I worried about all the stuff I didn't know (bathing the baby...etc), but I loved this website called Baby Center. I watched this video about a million times (bathing a newborn). Hope it helps!
http://www.babycenter.com/2_bathing-your-newborn_1486858.bc

Wendy said...

Ha! Bathing a baby is way harder than it should be. They are so slippery and wiggly. That's the least of your worries though so don't give it a lot of thought. Just enjoy your excuse to eat anything you feel like and take naps whenever you want and generally be the princess we all wish we could be more often. It's a once in a lifetime thing. You don't get the same of kind of deferential treatment when the next baby comes along!

Nicole said...

It's fun to see pictures. You are so fortunate to have an easy first trimester. Yay for you! You'll be a great mom. Love is the most important thing and your baby will have tons of that. everything else works itself out.