Friday, July 25, 2008

The Best $8 Ever Spent


Tonight John and I ditched our ward campout to go and see Randy Travis at the Rock County 4-H Fair. I have very few times had that much fun. Think girls back to Harry Connick Jr. at the Hollywood Bowl. Similar experience for me. I will tell the obnoxious story of the old woman tomorrow, but for now, I am still in this little cocoon of happiness.

The Fair entrance was $8 and you didn't pay any extra for the concert. Does it get better?

5 comments:

Andrea said...

My sister-in-law is from the small town of Heber City, Utah. She used to work at the local grocery store and one day Randy Travis' tour bus stopped by. He came to her register to pay for his item which was an...enema! Now in our family Randy Travis is known as "Enema Man".

Amanda said...

Okay, when you have as much money as that man does and you have an entire entourage of assistants, can't you get someone to buy your enema for you? Wow!
I guess being on the road really messes with your system.
Also very hard to chit chat with an enema in the bag.

Woodruff & Martin Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Fair concerts are the best. Ryan And I went to the o.c. fair and saw the wallflowers, it was great and you get into the fair all for one affordable price!

themayerfamily said...

That is a hysterical story Andrea. About the $8. . .um, let's just say that I need to move out of California. sigh. I can't wait for the story Amanda.
sorry i deleted my previous camment