Friday, March 7, 2008

What Should I Keep in My Flask?

If I was the drinking kind, I would be somewhere with lots of liquor right now. I have had the longest possible day/week of my teaching career.
Does anyone think that a kindergartener should behave in such a way that should necesitate 3 days of in-school suspension? You wouldn't think so would you? Well, this was that week.
I was seriously trying to research the consequences of breaking a contract mid-year. I know that a main theme of my life this year has been 'complain about the job' and I'm sorry about that, but there has got to be a better way!
Rachel is an inspiration to me! Who knows, maybe Monday will be the day. Probably not, but you never know what to expect from this little bunch.
I wish there was some funny anecdote to share, but alas, I have none. So, I think that if I had a little flask in my closet, it would make me feel better. Seeing that I don't drink alcohol, what should I put in there? If only they sold egg nog year round. Katie, maybe you could come up with a recipe of melted down, liguid Girl Scout cookies. I am sure Williams and Sonoma has a gadget.
Well, dear friends, I am counting down the days til Spring Break. Lots of love.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

It is a fact that you can melt cookie dough and drink it. I've never heard of doing that with the actual baked cookie, but the dough, yes. And I do have a friend, as these anecdotes always go, that has actually melted cookie dough for the purpose of drinking it. Chocolate Chip, of course. This is the same friend who enjoys making cookie dough sandwiches, which is two chocolate chip cookies sandwiching a filling of raw chocolate chip cookie dough. An extreme cookie lover.

themayerfamily said...

I do remember how much you LOVE egg nog. However, I vote for two concoctions. Either hot chocolate--I'm talking some Stephens rasberry or something the like, Or, strawberry lemonade(to remind you of MIMI'S--frosted with sugar. Yum! I would not go for caffeine as it could push you over the edge. Sorry your kids are giving you such a bad time. I'm praying for you!

Laura said...

What is everyone else thinking? It has to be Chocolate syrup - straight up, no rocks, no twist or anything like that.

And...is the suspended kid the same one in trouble with the cops, or a do you have more than one 5 year old hoodlum?

rachelsaysso said...

Well, you know how much I love the cocoa so I would suggest that. But Wendy's cookie dough sandwich sounds like a big fat piece of heaven right now. I think we'll have to try this when you come out (which I am also counting down to).

Mr. Hall said...

It is all about the GLÖÖG, Amanda! Glöög is a nice Swedish drink that Swedes usually reserve for Christmas-time. Traditionally, you would add Vodka or wine to it, but you can actually drink the stuff without alcohol. It is a type of cider, yet different from everything you have tasted, and despite the fact that it is alcohol free, it does have a little kick to it--perfect for drinking from a flask!
Better yet, maybe you should offer Glöög to your kids--it probably tastes different enough to gross them out at that age, which could be a great deterrent: "Don't make me bust out the Glöög!!!" :)

Amanda said...

I mentioned that whole flask idea last night at our Relief Society birthday party. Even though I mentioned that I was filling it with things other than alcohol, I still got some looks.
I really have to be careful who I share with. Kind of like recommending Cold Mountain to what's her bucket. It's an easy way to pick out the girls that I can really be friends with. If you think it is a good idea for me to have a flask just for fun, you are my kind of girl. If not, you probably don't like The Office either, so see ya.