Sunday, March 2, 2008

Grateful for the Little Things

I am often amused by the things people are grateful for. I really don't have much room to talk, because I have often prayed for things that may seem trivial to some. One night in February I said a little prayer that we would have a snow day in the morning. I fully understood that this was probably not something prayer worthy, considering all of the needs that I and others have, however Heavenly Father loves me and I woke up the next day to the glorious sound of school cancellations. One good thing about the frozen tundra.
Okay, so on to my real story. Sitting in church today a woman stood up and started sharing. I would say 'bearing her testimony' except she wasn't doing that. She was just sharing. Well, she was mentioning some things she was grateful for and suddenly the 'blah, blah, blah' turned into "I'm just so happy because I have these really cute shoes with every color in the rainbow and I'm so glad it is warm enough to wear them." I'm pretty sure that I heard the bishop sigh.
Things I am grateful for:
1) Girl Scout Cookies (I got mine at church today. All 8 boxes of them.)
2) Days when certain students happen to be unable to come to school (Hoping that tomorrow is one of those days)
3) Shopping. Even buying groceries puts me in a better mood.
4)Ponytails. My hair is almost long enough for one now. John keeps asking me when I'm getting my hair cut. What part of 'easy hairstyle' does he not get?
5)March 29th 3pm Nauvoo Temple. I guess one serious thing needs to go on the list.
6)Spring Break with the girls. If you haven't heard I am California bound in 1 month!! Start the planning now. Clear your schedules and get ready. I am counting on a trip to that restaurant with the coconut sweet potato things. Rachel, get on that. Stat!
7)Cheesy moment: All my wonderful friends. Love you guys!

10 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

I on it!!!

And once in Relief Society, some one was giving the closing prayer and gave thanks for "Smoothies, toast, and cute clothes." I said amen to all of them.

Amanda said...

Are you serious? Was this person praying a 6 year old? Not that I wouldn't have amened too, but in Relief Society?
Wow! That girl certainly understands sincerity in prayer.

Mr. Hall said...

Ah, to be one of the girls. . . Is John coming too? Maybe he could hang with the guys. . . :)

Bronwyn James said...

How is it warm enough in WI now to wear any shoes she wasn't wearing a month ago? There's no way y'all are wearing sandals yet, is there?

Heather said...

We love you, too! I'm so excited to see you again--YAY Spring Break!

Amanda said...

Sorry Brett, John is staying put. He will be starting a new job. I will make sure to come on over and say hey!

Bronwyn, I don't know about the shoes thing except to tell you that on Valentine's Day evening it was snowing terribly and this woman walks into the restaurant with flip flops on. And she was wearing a skirt with scary high slits and no nylons! I think maybe the flip flops were her fancy shoes and since it was Valentine's Day she wanted to dress up. Or she was trying to show just a little bit more skin for her man.

Ginger said...

If you are here on a Sunday, you are welcome to come to dinner for hamburgers and popcorn and any other request you might have. Even if you aren't here on a Sunday, we can have hamburgers any other night. I sure hope we get to see you. Is March 29th the sealing day? Wish we could be there. I love you! MOM Knecht

Nicole said...

Ya gotta love the random, will you please sit down now, TMI - sharers out there. Shoes... WOW.

themayerfamily said...

I am so excited for you to come! And, how cool is Nauvoo? I love that temple! It is so old school. I wish I could be there!

Wendy said...

March 29th! Hurray! I'm so glad it's all worked out - I had no idea. Too bad we can't have the RR reunion for that.