Happy St. Patty's Day to all. I am sad to report that I neither wore green or ate corned beef and cabbage. We actually grew up eating that each year, but I have lost the tradition. Mainly because I can't seem to remember what day it is today, let alone what holiday is coming up.
So, my day consisted of many pinches from students. If they would have stopped talking over me long enough, they might have learned a few things about the beautiful Irish Day. That was not to be the case today. It is always a relief to know that all the other teachers had crazy days too.
My favorite event of the day was when I went to get my kids from recess. One of my children (he who must not be named-due to blog anonynimity) was screaming and running at me. He didn't beat the recess aide that informed me that he just punched a kid in the face. I know you can't advise kids to punch back, but sometimes you just think it might end if the other kid wasn't so obedient. (just a thought) So, as I am hauling his butt to the office, he is trying to convince me that he is a good little boy because that running and screaming was his attempt to 'tell the truth.' He apparently thinks that the honesty points completely negate the 'punched a kid in the face' incident. Boy, was he wrong. I would love to report that this was his first, second or even third run in with the law (a.k.a. The Principal), but I have actually lost count.
What I have not lost count of is the number of days until June 14th! 89. So, that is really not a fantastic number, so how about 11 more Fridays. That sounds much better. We have a few Fridays off, but it still is music to my ears.
Have a happy week! Anyone have countdowns of their own going on?
1 comment:
Amanda, what is with your class? Is there something in the water that makes them this way? What on earth are their parents like?
Poor Amanda...
Post a Comment