
Disregard all the sadness and despair of the last few days (or months) I am currently in a magical place called the Land of the Fluffernutter.
I went grocery shopping today really to just pick up milk, eggs and butter, etc. but as you know, when you shop hungry, all sorts of random things end up in your cart. So as soon as I spotted the beloved jar of Fluff, in it went. From that moment on, a smile of pure bliss spread across my face. I knew that I would be having a Fluffernutter for dinner.
Those of you not familiar with Fluffernutters, I have failed you as a friend and I am sorry. A Fluffernutter is the staple of every child in New England. It consists of Marshmallow Fluff and Peanut Butter on the fluffiest, most unhealthy white bread around.
While celebrating this sandwich of perfection I ran across this little article that was quite entertaining to me. This is the kind of thing that happens when you make the Fluffernutter the Massachussetts sandwich. I didn't know we had State Sandwiches. Anyone ever heard of this before?
Further joy came when I remembered that Easter is Sunday, so I began the earnest purchase of Easter candy for our little baskets. This is certainly not my first purchase of Easter candy this year, but the first time that the intention was to use it in the filling of baskets.
I am glad to report that my day has taken a lovely turn for the joyful. Have no fear friends, I bet I have at least another 7 sandwiches left out of the jar, so at least one week of happiness is mine.
6 comments:
Fluffernutters are wonderful! Several years ago, I had a boss from New Jersey. She was talking about them one day and none of us California girls knew what she was talking about. She left the office, went to the store and bought the stuff. Within 30 minutes, we were all partaking of those fabulous bites of heaven! I might have to stop at the store on my way home tonight!!
Ahh, Fluffernutters. You introduced those to me at a book club meeting a few years ago. Might I add that it works well on a graham cracker also. And Easter candy, oh don't get me started. Easter is the holiday with the best candy selection! Have you seen the new chocolate orange Cadbury eggs? Yummy! Check out Walgreens, 2 for $1. :)
I'm definately gonna have to try that! Thanks!
Aparently I was a deprived friend and roomate. I have never heard of these little gems. I guess I will have to teach Hayden all by myself.
Sara,
I am sooooo sorry! I really do love you! Didn't mean to shaft you with not sharing!
Please do make one for Hayden! Start him out right. It could prove to be very important in his emotional development! :)
Ryan and I just made one for breakfast, and it was yummy. Next time I will add more fluff.
Post a Comment