
Well, as many of you know, yesterday John and I were sealed in the Nauvoo Temple. It was really the most amazing day and I thought you'd all like an update on the experience.
Our sealing was yesterday at 3pm. We had to be ther by 2pm for all the paperwork stuff, so we left our house around 7:45am. It was a great drive, aside from our hour long detour!! We arrived at 1:30 and got to see Chris and Bob Smith (Bronwyn's mom and step-dad) before going into the temple. They have been driving around the country visiting family and church history sites. This was their last one. We headed over to the temple and got ourselves ready.
I was taken to the women's dressing area and I was walked past the Bride's room and then there was this very awkward 'should she be in the Bride's room or in a regular locker' thing between a couple workers. They decided that a regular locker it was. Off I went to go change into my dress. Half-way undressed, someone came and told me to stop. There had been a mistake. I should have been in the Bride's room. So, I put my clothes back on and came out. Another lady joined us and was confused because other brides were in there. I was sent back to the locker. Then as I was getting dressed, I started to get a bit emotional. (Okay, I was kind of sobbing like a wee babe). When I was finally ready, I went into the bathroom to check the make-up situation and a different woman came in and all embarassed apologized for the whole situation. She kept explaining how they should have let me in and all the brides could share. I had to interupt her and assure her that I hadn't been crying from the devestation of being relegated to a changing room. The changing rooms are beautiful in Nauvoo. All fancy wood. Even the lockers are all wood! Once I had assured her that the incident would in no way impact my experience, I was off.
I met up with my mom, who had been getting ready to be sealed to her parents. It really was the most incredible sealing I've ever been to. :)
First, John and I were sealed. Then my grandparents (mom's side) were sealed and then my mom was sealed to her parents.
Then her dad's parents were sealed and had 4 of their children sealed to them.
Then my grandmother was sealed to her parents.
It was such a special day and gave me such an appreciation for the purpose behind the sealing power. As we united so much family together, the Spirit was so strong and instructive.
We had dinner with our friends that came and then we all headed off back to our homes. We got home at 11:30 and went to bed with such grateful hearts.
There is such a noticeable difference in the feeling of peace and love in our relationship and in our home. What a blessing!
10 comments:
Hooray! I'm so happy for you two, an all of your family that got sealed to. I was crying like a wee babe just reading it.
Congratulations Amanda and John! That is awesome--I am so happy for the two of you. I had no idea that you were getting sealed. It sounds like it was an amazing experience!
Congratulations! I was thinking about you on Saturday. I'm so happy for the two of you!!! :)
Ditto to what everyone else said! I know some of the stuff you went through and I'm so glad it finally happened! The locker situation is unfortunate. When I worked in the LA Temple after my mission, I was amazed at how unorganized things could be sometimes. If it wasn't the absolute "normal" situation, people didn't know what to do! At least it will be a funny story later!
Can't wait to see you in a few days!
Congrats on such a special day--I'll give you a congradulatory hug when I see you tomorrow!
Congratulations Amanda and John! What a wonderful day filled with love, hope and blessings galore! Amanda, I hope I will be able to see you while here in Sunny California but if not you are still in my heart. Love, Mom Knecht
I don’t check your blog for a few days and I miss this wonderful post!!!!
Do you know how happy I am for you and John? Do you??? Super duper happy! Yay!!!!!
Congratulations John and Amanda! By the way John.... thanks for letting us know:) The Nauvoo Temple sounds amazing.
I wish I would have know ahead of time but I'll get over it. I am elated to hear the news. John....you are my hero!
YEAH!! So, first off, I'm flattered that you have added my link to your blog and you will swiftly be added to mine. Secondly, thank you for sharing your special day with us! It put a smile on my face seeing the picture of you two in front of the Nauvoo Temple. Congratulations to the both of you!
Post a Comment