Well friends, it is time for another picture. This was taken on Saturday. As our Get out of Dodge, we went to Milwaukee. We've driven through before, but never stopped. John's brother and sister-in-law were in town with us for the weekend with their youngest Brock (7 months), so we decided to drive over to Lake Michigan so they could get a look. They have a fun little beach area there with lots of volleyball courts and picnic areas.
I do have to say that I was really excited about IrishFest that was going on there. We didn't know about it ahead of time and you know how I am about a Fest. However we were not all in agreement about going, so we drove right past the man in the kilt and as I cried a little, we headed off.
Another disappointment of the day came when Tim (John's brother) found the Leverne and Shirley theme song on his Blackberry and played it. I rolled down my window and started singing really loud to the man in the car next to us. He had his window down and I am SURE he heard me, but not a glance, not a smirk, NOTHING!!! What kind of man is that? Huh? It could have been a nice bonding moment for the Milkwaukee man and me, but no. I really don't get serious people, do you?
Back to my picture. I am actually pretty sure that I am now bigger than in that picture because I felt like my stomach was expanding by the second yesterday in sacrament meeting. I couldn't handle it. I had to get up and walk around and I was really wishing for a pillow to put behind my back. Now, I really have never been afraid of appearing to be Grandma Johnson, so a pillow in church is not out of the picture for future Sundays. I'm keeping that in mind.
7 comments:
You look so cute, your appiontmet is tomorrow to find out pink or blue! I can't wait for the post!
Hooray for the serious Milwaukee man!
Hey, if pregnant women can sit and drink their water bottles and bags of snacks in front of everyone of Fast Sunday I don't think a pillow is out of line.
Wait a sec. you mean to tell me that there was a Fest going on and you were with people who didn't want to go? That is an outrage! I hope they bought you loads of ice cream to make up for it.
And you do look great. Cute top.
I'm so jealous that you were actually able to sing the Laverne and Shirley theme song in Milwaukee. That't one of my life goals!
And, I can't speak of the IrishFest. Still in shock that it was passed up...
I understand the shock of not attending IrishFest. You could hear the music and smell the food and I was starving! When I saw the man in the kilt, it about sent me over the edge. I really am amazed and saddened that I didn't put up a bigger fight.
And P.S. when we went to Corn Fest the next day, I was the only one that had Corn!!! We had just eaten a very large breakfast, but lucky for me I was still hungry. It was so delicious. I felt like Bob in What about Bob.
You really look fabulous! I'll be pondering over boy names for you. Stay tuned...
Post a Comment