Thursday, August 7, 2008

Get Out of Dodge Week

Challenge of the Week: (quite possibly my new feature, quite possibly not)

This coming week, your challenge if you choose to accept is to Get Out of Dodge. Dodge is of course defined as wherever you happen to live. Find a place in a different town that you want to go to and skeedaddle. Could be anywhere. A little cafe you've wanted to visit, a favorite museum, Watts Tower (personal invitation to anyone who has not been there) or an out of town friend.
Of course your job is to bring:
1)camera
2)self and possibly small cute children
3)notepad and pencil
4)fedora

If you don't have a fedora, you can skip it, but should probably find alternate headwear. Rachel, you have a bonnet. Andrea- cute bird hat and the rest of you could work on something.
Take pictures and blog about where you went and how much fun you had.
Items of real interest:
1)really tacky people
2)animals dressed like people (possibly easier in So. Ca)
3)Mullets
4)you doing something really wacky

Off you go! Don't disappoint!

4 comments:

themayerfamily said...

Sounds like a plan. I'm in. I kind of feel like the ladies in North Avenue Irregulars. Roger that!

Liz the Poet said...

Well, I only had #2 on your list (my self). But, Rachel and I did go to an Indian restaurant in Diamond Bar for Liz L.'s birthday.

Does that count?

It was definitely "Out of Dodge"...

Heather said...

Oh, I'm so excited for this! I probably wont have any headwear, but I do have a few exciting ideas for this week!

Amy said...

I will so be participating in this soon as I have so many exciting things to talk about from my mid-west trip. But I wonder if that's really like "Going into Dodge" instead of getting out?