Friday, August 1, 2008

Things I Learned Today

1) We have the perfect swing tree in our yard. How do I know this? Because our backyard neighbors hung a tree swing in it. It really does have the perfect branch for it. I had palpatations until John went over to the neighbors and in his best neighborly way made sure that they knew where the boundaries were. We thought this was obvious by the lawn care. They just purchased the home and bought it from a man who 3 times a week (I kid you not) was out shirtless on his riding mower. His yard was immaculate. Ours...not so much. This makes identifying property lines, pretty easy. They assured us that they knew and the husband said that he had told the wife to come and ask first. We told them it is okay as long as they don't mind that the dogs may or may not chew it to pieces. Proceed at your own risk.

2) Brandon Fraser should not be given additional opportunities to prove his lack of talent. Who exactly is casting him in movies these days? Anyone willing to do a little imdb research and find out if it is the same person choosing Keanu Reeves? (Rachel?)
I went to see The Mummy movie tonight. The only possible reason is that I love popcorn and movie treats and my husband who got to choose tonight. Let me just say that the other two options were X-Files (with Foxy Mulder) and Mamma Mia. Hmm...I choose next time.
My biggest problem with this movie, aside from Brandon was the actual writing. It was like they not only gave him the lead, but the pen as well. It's so bad that you really can't get past it to think about what is actually happening in the movie, although I do believe that there were several holes in the plot. I of course haven't seen the other Mummy movies, so maybe not.
Highlights may or may NOT be the Yetis, three-headed dragon and the yacking yak.
Have a great weekend friends and use judgement in movie selection!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thank you for the warning. Why do our husband's choose movies like that? DO they honestly think that would be any better than the widly panned prequal? But the popcorn was good, right?