Our school has crazy Fridays when the students and staff do random things. My favorite so far has got to be the pajama day. I of course wore my absolutely magical jim jams.
Well, today was crazy hat day. I would love to participate in these kinds of things and wear the most outlandish hat, but that would require doing something about it early in the morning when/if I remembered. Nothing is really important enough to spend precious morning time away from my bed. You can see how the jammy day really worked out well for me. Optimal. If only ever Friday were pajama day.
People really were creative with the hats. I saw a giant cheesehead as you would imagine. Not so creative here, but still fun. Then there was the cheeseburger hat, flamingo hat, and then...
I was walking to a classroom and saw a girl walking with her mother. She was wearing a gigantic purple hat with a leopard print band. What do I say? 'Nice Pimp Daddy hat.' Did I just say that to a young impressionable student in front of her mother. Yep. She about stopped dead in her tracks and admitted that that is what they called it at home, but had agreed upon 'Disco Hat' to be sensitive to school morals.
So just so you know, Pimp Daddies are alive and well in Wisconsin. I'm pretty sure it was an authentic hat.
6 comments:
umm i thought that was so funny that i shared it with my family. also i read the blog about the bunnions... did i not tell you that i work at an orthopedic shoe store and we sell really cute shoes and sandals for people in your situation. we were just meant to be friends huh?
Nice!!
I've always wanted a pimp daddy hat! I wonder where she got it?
You should have confiscated the hate and took it home for yourself, or better yet for John,then you could have had your own pimp-daddy waltzing around your home (Uh, pimp-daddy and waltzing doesn't really go together does it)!
"hat" not "hate"
Sorry for the type-o.
I instigated the first crazy hat day during my first year of PA school and it was a huge success! I wore my Pervian llama hat, the kind with the ear flaps and borrowed my parents' large Mexican sombreros to share. Everyone got really into it and one even matched his cowboy hat with boots and a huge belt buckle. Yay for Hat Day!!
Post a Comment