I am about to give you the best new recipe.
Homemade Granola Bars
(I of course am sharing this thanks to allrecipes.com)
4 1/2 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup of butter (softened)
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 cups of stuff (chocolate chips, nuts, craisins, white chocolate chips, etc.)
1. Heat oven to 325. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan
2. Combine dry and then add wet ingredients. Add stuff at the end. It is 2 cups total, so I have been doing 1 cup of chips and one cup of nuts or craisins.
3. Press into pan and cook 18-22 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and then cut into bars. Cool completely in the pan and then remove.
I have devoured a whole pan of chocolate chip/nut bars and am going to Enrichment tonight primarily to show off my new skill. I am currently cooling a pan of craisin/white chocolate/nut bars.
Trust me that these are one of the best things ever! They are so delicious. It is like a really wonderful oatmeal chocolate chip cookie under the name of a granola bar! Very healthy...don't think about all that butter.
No comments:
Post a Comment