Well, Becca tagged me and I wish I had a more interesting book nearby. The closest thing is Gardening Through the Year by Jane Courtier.
True Story: this book is not mine. It belongs to a random neighbor of mine. I haven't spoken to her since she lent me this book almost a year ago when I found her dog wandering in my yard and returned him home. I think her name is Sara. Maybe we'll be friends when a)the snow stops falling and b)I return her book.
Rules of this tag:
1)Find closest book
2)Turn to page 123
3) Find 5th sentence on the page
4)Put on blog and tag 5 people
So the sentence is: Densely packed spikes of lowers are pale green edged with purple; stems are topped off by a pineapple-like tuft of leaves.
Sorry that is not so interesting. It was written about the Peacock flower, just in case you are wondering.
I flipped through a few other books nearby, hoping that their page 123 would be more interesting, but not so much. There it is.
Okay, so I am going to change the tag! Find the book with the most interesting sentence 5 from page 123! Now that, I want to read.
Tagged: Any of my devoted readers that want to. There is a prize! One of Rachel's felt creations. Just kidding!
2 comments:
I decided to post my sentence here. It's from "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel.
Sentence 5, page 123:
"There was a bumping and scraping sound against the hull of the lifeboat."
Nice, thanks for participating Liz. I think I should just go check out a really trashy novel to get something really juicy!
Post a Comment