Monday, January 7, 2008

No Cutting Heads Off Part I and II

If you get slightly grossed out by dead animal anecdotes, you might not want to read this. I will keep it short and sweet, but trust me it is gross.
Max and the pup have been enjoying running and playing in the yard. Occasionally they like to eat dog poop. I don't know how to stop this, but we think it is gross. It is not as gross however as chewing on the rabbit head that is out in our backyard!!!!!!!!! Disgusting!!!!! After I told John about it he asked 'well, is it still back there?' Um, yeah. Who else is going to pick it up and throw it away? Remember the time we were having the Easter Egg Hunt at our apartment and there was a dead bird on the balcony and we waited until Serge arrived to play Man of the Hour? Thanks Serge! We love men.

No Cutting Heads Off Part II
Today I was at school and we were doing a little Social Studies lesson about Rules in the Classroom/Laws in the Community. So I asked the kids what kind of rules we have in the classroom to help each other. I was looking for things like: sharing, helping, etc. I got a few of those answers and then one of my little kid pipes in with 'you shouldn't pretend to cut someone's head off!' Well, there you have it. That is bad news and not helpful. I'm glad he brought that up though because I would have forgotten to cover that rule and we might find ourselves having some problems in the Home Center.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I like that rule. We have a rule at our house that you don't use any weapon type item - or power tool - on people. Often CT will grab his sword and say "Don't worry. I'm just going to get some birds - not people". Poor birds! Thankfully it's all imaginary at this point...

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachelsaysso said...

That bird's cold dead eyes are etched in my mind forever! I still get the heebs thinking about it. Serge is the best! I love how we made him knock it off the balcony onto the ground below, thus making it Flo's problem.

P.S. I found yet another egg (plastic, not real. relief!) from that party, almost 2 years ago, in the far back corner of my armoir drawer when I moved last month. I did not eat the candy inside.

Rebecca said...

Where are you living now? Sorry- I'm late in coming and have been spying on you ... a little- but I figured if you didn't want me to you wouldn't be bloggiing ...

I love bunnies- I have two ... remind me never to set up a playdate with you and your dogs.

Laura said...

Where do they get these things from?

I wonder once on the mission, we were in Primary doing our little "be a member missionary" show and we asked the kids what kinds of things they could do to be a missionary. And this cute little Sunbeam with blonde ringletts and a fluffy dress stands up and says "Never frow sand". Again, another one of those "there you have it" moments. Maybe life really is that simple...in the classroom, don't cut people's heads off...and if you want to teach people about the Gospel, don't throw sand at them!