Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just Kidding

Remember the joy of the post from just a few hours ago? The joy of wonderful weather, a day off and tap dancing? All of that has suddenly left me.
I went back to work today and maybe due to the weather system they were off the wall. Two of my kids got into a fight yesterday and I mean a punching and strangling fight. Well, today they were slightly better but managed to be out of control the whole day.
I know you are curious about the weather system.

Tue, January 29
5pm
Snow / Blowing Snow17°F
Feels Like -1°F

6pm
Snow / Blowing Snow14°F
Feels Like-5°F

7pm
Snow / Blowing Snow12°F
Feels Like -9°F

8pm
Blizzard9°F
Feels Like -13°F

9pm
Blizzard7°F
Feels Like -16°F

10pm
Blizzard4°F
Feels Like -19°F

11pm
Snow Shower / Wind2°F
Feels Like -21°F

Wed, January 30
12am
Snow Shower / Wind-1°F
Feels Like -24°F

1am
Snow Shower / Wind-4°F
Feels Like -28°F

2am
Few Snow Showers / Wind-6°F
Feels Like -30°F

3am
Few Snow Showers / Wind-7°F
Feels Like -31°F

4am
Few Snow Showers / Wind-7°F
Feels Like -30°F

Okay, so does anyone know what -30 feels like? I don't know that I do. We moved here last year and the actual temp was -12, which we have seen this year already, but not with 35mph winds. I was reading on www.weather.com and it said that at -15 and 35mph wind, your face would freeze in 30 seconds!!!!!

So, as soon as I get my kids gone, I go out to leave and start the horrible task of chiseling off my windshield as....wait for it....the hail is pelting me in the face!

I was standing there having an imaginary conversation with my students pretty much wanting to die.

The only solution: to stop by the store on the way home and buy 1/2 gallon of Rocky Road, pre-made Chocolate Chip Cookies, a Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix and some carmel! I ran into another teacher who asked me how my day was. I just showed her my basket and informed her that they weren't for celebrating.

Well, I must go put my cookies in the oven! Sorry to vent, but what are good friends and a blog for?
Love you guys.

6 comments:

themayerfamily said...

Sweet land of liberty!(Sorry to steal that one Liz) Amanda, you are one amazing person. I laughed so hard when I read your previous blog. Oh, I wish I couldn've been there. It kind of reminded me of the outfits people wore to LA Fitness. One word--locker room. OK, that's two. I'm sorry the snow and temp are out of control. However, I think you did the right thing in getting the cookies and brownies. Remember Logan at -37? It hurts your bones!

Laura said...

That is my dream shopping cart you put together there! You're my new hero!!

Amanda said...

You gotta do what you gotta do!

Liz the Poet said...

Oh Amanda! I'm sending double prayers your way...

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! you are such a trooper! I am such a baby I'd probably have to call in sick if it was below 30 (let alone -30!) Hang in there, the cold is on it's way out! Keep eatting the chocolate, and practicing your tapping!

rachelsaysso said...

My eyes just welled up for you. -30! I can't even think it without wanting to die. Your decision to buy the cookies and brownies was body telling you to put on a nice layer of fat to protect you from the frozen tundra. Eat for you life!