Thursday, July 26, 2007
I usually don't peek
Tonight John was having the young men from church over for an evening of pizza, treats and video games. I spent the day cleaning up and buying the goodies to prepare for their fun. So, on John's way home from work, he called to see if I wanted him to bring home dinner. Yep. That is always the right answer. So he picked up some sub sandwiches and some chips and sodas. Now I should let you know that feeding the dog from the table is a major no-no in our house. At least from my point of view. Now John has a hard time denying the pup when he comes begging. Having said that, it was my turn to pray over the meal and for some reason, as I was being grateful for the meal, something told me to open my eyes. What did I see? John, with his eyes closed, head bowed and arms crossed, feeding the dog a bit of his sandwich! What a miracle that I caught that moment. So, I continued to pray and said 'we are grateful for this food and that John could feed some to Max, so he feels loved and part of our family.' Now, I usually don't peek during prayers, especially when I am saying them. But there was certainly divine intervention at our dinner table tonight. Maybe John will think twice about sneaking Max food during the prayer. I think he thought he would be protected from the rule during a prayer. Not so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment