Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Giving it a Whirl
Last week John came home and told me that because I am a teacher and/or because he was a student some time ago, we could buy software at a wonderfully reduced price. Well, knowing me, you can imagine the joy that filled my heart. While I love teaching, I was really waiting for the perks to catch up to me. Here they come. Actually, I was kind of interested when he said he was buying a website creation software. In some of my dillusional moments when I thought I knew what I was doing, I attempted to learn how to code a website. Hmmm...that last for an afternoon. After about 3 hours all I had was my welcome phrase in a pretty bland font. So, last night John and I sat down to get me some technology. He starts out by opening this box with some text that I don't understand. After about 15 minutes of him explaining things matter of factly, I just stopped him and told him that somehow those letter were making me extremely anxious and I wasn't having fun. I don't normally have a problem with letters, but he was explaining them and clicking and saying things like 'we'll select bianary for this.' Um, hello? Isn't there a click and drag method for making a webpage? I'd like that one, please. So, in making my webpage, which I'm very excited about even though I know no one will really read it, I decided it was time to create a blog. Here we go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment