Saturday, July 28, 2007
All Shiny and New
John and I went down to Chicago this weekend for a fun little get away weekend. On one of our many turns down the wrong street, we pulled up to an interseccion next to this new shiny black VW something or other. The kid was probably in his early 20's. His windows were down and the sunfroof open, enjoying the hot mugginess that was Chicago weather. We rolled down our window to catch the tune that was blaring from his radio. None other than 'Like a Virgin.' I am pretty sure that he was too young to have heard that song the first time around and if this was his little shout out to the 80's revisited, he really picked the wrong song. Not that I have anything against Madge, but that song doesn't scream I'm a hot young thing with a fancy new car. He needs a new theme song!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! This reminds me of the time I was driving with a friend down the main freeway through Portland and the kid (19, 20ish) next to us was completely rocking out in his car. I'm talking arm pumping out the sun roof, hands beating against his steering wheel, top of his lungs singing. Of course we had to check out his tunes...imagine our surprise when we rolled down the windows to the sweet, sweet sound of Cher. "Do you believe in life after love?!?!". It was fantastic!!
Post a Comment