It is 3:30pm on a Saturday and I have left over Thanksgiving turkey ready for a sandwich. We put up our tree yesterday and we now have the glider and curtains for the nursery. So I should be feeling really satisfied, right?
Wrong. I just spent the last two hours at the movies watching Twilight. I had thought that I would eventually read the book, but was not too interested in the film. I mean, when there is Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman and Vince Vaughn in movies right now, why oh why would I go and see Random Kid A and Random Kid B in a high school movie about vampires? Because John wanted to see it.
In my own defense I suspended disbelief before I ever entered the theater. I mean, I know it's about vampires, right? What can I really expect? Decent acting? Apparently not! Good writing? A big NO on that one.
Maybe someone that reads this really liked it, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that you read the book first. If you haven't read the book and/or haven't seen the movie, I'm going to go ahead and advise you to read first. That might help. Whatever you do, do not go to the movie with any real expectations. It was BAD!
7 comments:
Read the book, it was wwwwaaaayyyy better than the movie. I read the books recently and they were awesome. I too was really disappointed in the movie, the director/writer changed and added so many stupid elements to the movie and it made it confusing.
My sister gave me Twilight a year ago and I thought "vampires, romance, dumb". I read a book a week and I have NEVER read a book in a week before.
Trust me, you will be happy you did.
The only problem is that now I think all I'll be able to picture is the twisted and confused look on Bella's face while I read. I really should have read first.
Amanda don't waste your time the book, in my opinion was horrible! I can't imagine that the movie could be even more terrible.
Did you see Rachel's opinion on the like/dislike blog? Hilarious!
Oh how I laughed at that movie! Liz and I saw it together and were almost on the floor everytime the vampires started hissing at each other. And the glittery chest! Oh my help.
And now on a completely unrelated note, do you read www.thepioneerwoman.com? Because all the time when I'm reading her blog I think of you, so if you don't you should.
Hannah, I have just now started reading Pioneer Woman and you are right, I love it.
I am also a little bit flattered that that blog makes you think of me.
P.S. I was really loving your daily posts. You could start again!
Post a Comment