So, somehow I gave someone the idea that I was interested in staying in shape while I go through pregnancy. Not that I was interested in staying in shape before pregnancy. But, now I get these little emails every week to apparently tell me how to accomplish that goal. I say 'apparently' because I dont' actually open them. To me, it is almost like a forward. Not interested!
I really didn't think I was doing that bad though until a conversation with John the other night. Just a good word for John before I tell the story. John is the perfect husband for a pregnant lady. If I am having a bad day he makes sure to pick up ice cream and a 2 liter of soda on his way home. He massages my feet and draws me baths and tells me that I am beautiful constantly. Now, having said that, here goes the story.
The other night we were in the truck and I was commenting on how big I am getting but followed it up with 'but there are lots of women that are bigger than I am when they are pregnant.' To which John responded 'Only women having quadruplets!'
I was floored and stared at him with that look that asks 'do you want to die.' He responded really quickly and very genuinely said 'I just meant that you are almost done. You are so close to having this baby.' I'm going to choose to believe that that really is what he meant.
Report on John: He is still alive and well. :)
3 comments:
I hope you got a lot of ice cream for that comment.
Oh boy... Bless his heart. He really did NOT mean that the way it came out.
Ha ha! That made me laugh out loud. Of course he didn't mean it like it sounded, he's way too sweet for that. Great story though!
I'll share one of my own. Chris was watching TV and after doing something on the computer I went and sat down with him. He turned to me with a serious face and said, "Shouldn't you be cleaning something?" It still makes me laugh. He's a gutsy jester.
Post a Comment