Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble, gobble

Happy Thanksgiving friends!
Top 10 Favorite Thanksgiving Foods
10. Pickle Trays
9. Fancy jello
8. Turkey
7. Stuffing
6. Rolls
5. Pumpkin pie
4. Mashed potatoes!!!
3. Clam Dip
2. Egg Nog
1. Leftover turkey sandwiches

Top 10 Things I'm Grateful For or For Which I am Thankful :)
10. Board games
9. Really yummy food
8. The privilege of being a woman of leisure. I love being retired. :)
7. A beautiful home and 2 of the best pups. Sorry if you don't like dogs, but ours are fantastic.
6. My little January arrival. I just can't wait to meet little Nathan. What a miracle he is. Love, love, love.
5. Education. Libraries, schools, Student loans to make college possible :),
4. Living in a country of opportunity. I am grateful for clean water and food to eat and the knowledge that even though things may get hard, I won't really ever know what true poverty is like.
3. Friends that I have made everywhere I have lived. I honestly feel like I know the best individuals. I love you guys. Family that is supportive and loving.
2. Fantastic husband who makes me laugh everyday and makes me feel like the most amazing person on the planet
1. My knowledge of God and his plan for my life

I'm sure there are many other deserving things that I didn't get on my list, but with so much to be grateful for, I often take so many things for granted. I hope this next year makes me more grateful and aware of my blessings.

2 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

Clam dip comes before pumpkin pie? Priorities!

Char! said...

For sure Clam dip is before pumpkin pie! Oh how I wanted some this year!!!! I was really missing you yesterday Amanda....we had a blast last Thanksgiving! I'm super excited to see you soon!!!! Love your guts!