Thursday, February 21, 2008

Really Folks???

Since when is a conversation important enough to have while you are peeing? Is there anything that has to be said that badly? And, is there anyone in your life that you feel close enough to, yet at the same time have such a disregard for that you would actually subject them to listening to you in the bathroom? Huh?? I wouldn't even do that with John!!
So in the last week I have entered two different public bathrooms only to hear someone chatting away in the stall. Maybe you think that they have just excused themselves to the bathroom to have privacy instead of stepping outside into the unbearably cold weather. I would like to believe that and give them the benefit of the doubt until....they flush! This removes all doubt and all respect for these people. They leave the stalls, and do or do not wash their hands as if nothing weird has just happened. Apparently, if you are talking on the phone while using the restroom, washing your hands becomes optional because you have one hand occupied.
I am sooooo confused on this one.
I am sure there are plenty of annoying things that I do, but I think that this is possibly at the bottom of the social faux pas bucket.
I'm mean really folks!!!!
The End

6 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

I had a man call me at work once from a bathroom stall. I thought it sounded a little echo-y when he talked but I hoped he was just in the kitchen or something. Until I heard the unmistakable sound of pee hitting the toilet. And then the flush. And he was yelling at me because his daughter got in trouble for wearing a skany top. And then I hung up on him.

Amanda said...

And you didn't even know this man! What was he thinking?
Maybe somehow he is one of your blog readers and you should write him a letter.
It is the most unbelievable thing to me.
I'm glad you hung up on him. Did you do it right after the flush?
Maybe he would get the hint.

Liz the Poet said...

I can't stand people talking in the bathroom! Gross! (And don't even get me started about the cell phone/hand-washing thing).

Andrea said...

I am so with you on this one. I've almost blogged about this because it seems to be happening to me so often, well maybe that's because I always have to use the bathroom. People need to stop answering and just let their phones ring. Besides, those fun little ringtones make going to the bathroom a little more entertaining!

Rebecca said...

That's funny, and awkward- but at least you're not on the other end of the line when the person says "Hold on, I have to wipe."

Amanda said...

I would for sure hang up immediately!!!