Pros:
1) um......
2) Good excuse to not iron for John in the morning
3) um.....
4) Good excuse for why the house isn't spic and span clean
5) um......
6) Money to pay back bills and student loans
As you can see, working is almost completely useless. Anyone else in agreement? I feel like I never should have answered Laura's "Do you love your job" poll, quite so confidently. I had not yet started my teaching job for this year. Can we repost the poll and I'll vote again?
Cons:
1) Temper tantrums (from kids, not me, although the next time one of the kids gets going, I think I am going to have one of my own)
2) I have no partner teacher in my classroom this year, preventing me from laughing hysterically when the kids are funny or when I am funny
3) I got yelled at by a 5 year old yesterday.
4) I make children cry at least 4 times a day by delivering such horrible news as 'It's time to stop coloring.' or 'please stop playing twister on the carpet' or 'could you put your scissors away and stop cutting your friend's hair'.
5) Taxes
6) Wisconsin teacher's salary
7) Not enough personal time to update my blog! Sadness.
8) Waking up in the morning
9) Some sort of nightime or after work meeting on an almost daily basis
10) The incredible pressure of improving test scores even when 98% of kids are meeting the academic goals of the school and district. Hmmmm....
I feel like since work has been so stressful and sad, I have been robbed of the ability to blog. Hopefully things will look up soon and I will be back to the world of happy blogging.
Hope you all are doing well.
5 comments:
I say you should quit and let John be your sugar daddy!!
Oh, I'm sorry, Amanda. That totally stinks (and I miss your blog posts, too).
I've been thinking about my job/life a lot lately. It's a hard balance between being practical and living the life you really want.
Practical Liz keeps telling me to stick it out, take the safe route, etc. But, Life-living Liz tells me I only have this one shot at it, so I might as well shoot for the stars and let the chips fall where they may.
Tough choices.
This is why I still haven't started grad school and why I'm considering puting it off for another semester.
My two warring sides are making me immobilized.
Down with Practical Liz!
Amanda, I'm sorry it's so rough this year. Just keep reading A Book for Bear and you can cry along with them.
I'm with you Amanda - I've looked and sheep hearding opportunities in New Zealand and the price of cargo space to Fiji recenly to cope with job disgruntledness. I'm with Laura though - let the grapes and cheese abound. :D
Liz, I really think that you need to be a little less practical. Not to say that practical is bad, I'm all about it. But I think that you being the ubber practical woman, could let the chips fall and they would still pretty much fall into nice little stacks. Maybe just in slightly different locations than originally planned. I'm always going to vote for Scotland!!
Post a Comment