Well, this is the second day in a row that I have come home from work and said 'Wow, that was a great day!' Aaaaaaahhhhh! It's a good feeling. We even had Open House last night and it went well. I have really nice parents so it is always fun to see them and I refrained from saying to them 'I love your child, but sometimes they drive me a little crazy.' I just said the first part. After I took my game face and high heels off, I came home to veg! Isn't cable a beautiful thing? I think my DVR has currently 137 America's Next Top Model episodes taped. I tried to select 'only record the new episodes' option, but I still have several everyday. Hmmm... No hablo DVR!
So, tonight we are headed off to the Corn Maze with the YM/YW. We have been adequately warned by the owners that the teenagers must be watched carefully as they have had several church groups that have been quite naughty! I'm already aware of which of our kids might fall into this category. Through my mind races the 'I'm not a teacher after 4pm' mantra, but then I realize that my stewardship over them consists of not allowing them to cut through and cheat in the corn maze. Yada yada yada. We want to be sure to get invited back next year- I think.
Well, I have a request. Rachel, I need you to post the yummy pumpkin stuff recipe on your blog. I think it is technically Katie's recipe, but she doesn't have a blog yet, so help a girl out.
I am pretty sure that we are having a workplace bake-off for the holidays and I have allowed my ultra-competetive, but not highly talented side come out. I WANT TO WIN!!! The only chance I have is if I steal that recipe and woo them with the heaven that is Yummy Pumpkin Stuff. Can't wait to show off my blue ribbon or Best In Show!
9 comments:
Just because I don't have a blog doesn't mean I can't communicate! :) I'll email you the recipe -- I just made it last night for work and it was a huge success. If it could have received a blue ribbon, it would have!
I think I will need you to forward that to me, please. Thanks!!
xoxo
I'm glad these last to days were better.
And, um, Katie, could you send me that recipe too?
I meant "two". I hate when I due that...
Oh, Amanda--I'm so glad you had 2 in a row! I hope you can keep it going for the year!...well, at least for the week. ;-)
And Katie--this sounds like something I need too...maybe it would be easier if you just posted a blog about it. :-)
I'm so happy that you have such a fun class. And I think Katie should email everyone a copy of the recipe. I was thinking about it the other day. Long live Yummy Pumpkin Stuff!
Mmm...Yummy Pumpkin Stuff. There have been several times when I've been tempted to make a pan just for myself. I bet I could eat the whole thing. Katie's blog could be just sharing all the great recipes she has.
Amanda - I hope you win. I know just how important these office bake-offs are.
I agree that Katie needs a blog. And it is SO time for yummy pumpkin stuff.
I don't mean to overwhelm Katie with the diluge (how do you spell that? I'm a terrible speller. Whoever said intelligence is proved by good spelling was so off the mark) of requests for that recipe, but I need it too. The fame of Yummy Pumpkin Stuff is powerfully asserting itself. It has become bigger than you Katie. Bigger than all of us.
Post a Comment