Does anyone else feel like December has flown by? Wasn't it just Thanksgiving? That just reminded me that I forgot to get more egg nog at the store just now! Sadness for my Christmas day, unless I can convince myself to go out with all the other loons tomorrow and do last minute shopping. Just maybe. If anything is worth it, it is the beloved egg nog. I don't think anyone that reads my blog would agree with that, but egg nog=joy. Look it up.
Back to the point of this post.
I feel like December has flown by, so I thought an update on my month would be called for. Here's what's been happening in my neck of the woods.
1) High levels of productivity. If you know me well, you know that this is not generally part of my disposition. Especially not since becoming a woman of leisure. I have not only done some great deep-ish cleaning, but also managed to realize that if you wash the dishes everyday, you feel happy. Then I realized that I wanted that kind of happiness even when there was ice cream in the freezer. So, if I have a pop in visitor anytime soon, I'm ready. Let's take a tour of the kitchen before we sit down. This productivity has also expanded to include the task of folding AND putting away laundry. I know, just call me Super Woman!
2)My obsession with genealogy. Hours and hours each day sitting on my butt, attached to the computer. It has been quite lovely. I've even felt organized and focused on which family I'm working on, etc. Until the other day. My brain fell out of my head and I spent probably 45 minutes shuffling papers on my desk.
3)Daily baths. Hours and hours sitting on my butt, lead to lots of long baths to make it feel better. Bouancy is a wonderful thing. Next time I'm pregnant I'm buying a bathing suit and going to the indoor pool everyday. I know that that is probably one of the least attractive things in the universe, but I don't really care. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
4) Trying to quit the Pepsi. I read the new article in the Ensign about how caffeine can kill you and rot pure steel down into a ball of putty (j/k) and gave it a really valiant effort. John and I both did. We were good for about 1 1/2 weeks and then I had some sadness one day (who knows) and I begged for a Pepsi. Since then I've been sipping away. One of these days I'm gonna kick it. Any advice for an addict?
5) Pretending that I'm a scrapbooker. I went to a scrapbooking night at church at the beginning of Dec and I've been giddy with picking out cute scrapbooking paper. It's the quilter in me coming out. I love matching up all sorts of different patterns and designs. I have 3 pages partially started, but I can definitely tell that I am going to have to hang out with more scrapbooking people and just steal all their ideas as I have a mental block for all things really cute. I just need a little baby now to photograph so I can really get going.
Well, there is my month in a nutshell. I went to the doctor today and I am in just about the same condition that I was 3 weeks ago. No real progress. I'm mostly okay with that because the numbers don't mean much and I really feel like he is going to be a January 10th baby. So, everyone get ready. I'm technically 10 days away from my due date today so let the countdown begin. Anyone making a chain? Rachel?
2 comments:
Egg nog = JOY!!!!
And I'll get on the chain today.
I agree that egg nog = joy, but only in small doses or it equals a belly ache!
As a major cleaner and organizer, I'm dying to know what you consider "deep-ish cleaning". At first I thought it said "deep-dish" cleaning and it made me think of pizza!!
Post a Comment