Monday, December 15, 2008

Nesting is the bomb digity

I don't even know how to spell digity, or course I don't think it get written too much. But I am nesting anyway. It's fantastic. Really everyone should give it a try.
I just have this inner push to do random things like was the walls and dust the tops of things I've not looked at in quite some time. I even want to do a bunch of rearranging, but stop myself because I can't actually move anything that weighs more than a book.
It's been amazing. I think I have a tiny, temporary feeling of what it might have been like to be Wendy back in the days of yore. I was a dish right away and wipe of the counters constantly and just casually walk around throwing in laundry, so my home has been a well oiled machine this last week. Since the dishes are no longer overwhelming, I've moved on to lots of other little projects and boy am I feeling satisfied.
I do of course know that this is a temporary state, but seeing as I've never been this way before, I am really enjoying it.
So, having nested for an entire week, I am wondering when this fella is going to come for a permanent visit. I go to the dr again tomorrow and I'm hoping she says something exciting like 'Wow, you are almost 5 cm dialated, we better get you over to the hospital.' If we could all say a silent prayer for that today, I would appreciate it.
I actually feel like he is just snuggly and perfectly happy to stay awhile longer. I think he senses that it is only 1 degree outside today with a 'feels like' -19 degree wind chill. I don't blame him for wanting to stay put. I do have some really fuzzy blankets for him though. That really should be enough to coax him out. I'm going to start a little dialogue with him this morning about getting a move on. I'll let you all know how that goes.

3 comments:

Laura said...

So how was the "get a move on" conversation? Has he responded yet?

I'm naturally a tidy and well organized (some might say freakishly organized), so I know how exciting it all can be. I seriously get happy about cleaning and organizing stuff!! If I'm already like that, and I do ever get pregnant...I wonder what nesting will be like?

Amanda said...

Nathan did not listen to the 'get a move on' pep talk. My body has made NO progress since last week. Hmmm...
A little disappointing even though I have a sense that he is not coming early and will most likely be a week late.
So,I'll just hang in there. I would appreciate any little prayers sent my way.

Mr. Hall said...

Ah, the nesting instinct. . . but is it the IKEA nesting instinct? Therein lies the question. . .