Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Well, I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day! John and I have had a fantastic Christmas so far and it's not over yet.
Most of you know that John is horrible about keeping secrets/surprises from me and you all know how much I adore presents. So, yesterday John had to go and pick up my stocking stuffer items after leaving work early. He got home and said 'Oh, I got you something while I was out.' He proceeds to go and get a hoodie sweatshirt and bring it to me. I had to laugh. I have not let him give me my Christmas presents early, so he actually went out and bought something in addition so he could give me a present early. It wasn't technically a Christmas present so he felt great about that. As you can imagine, I was fine with that. I think next year I'm going to institute The 12 Days of Christmas here at the Johnson residence.
This morning we woke up at 7:30am, went to open presents and then went back to bed for several more hours until waking up to cook Christmas breakfast. Does it get any better than that? Fantastic.
John managed to keep surprises for today and I was quite thrilled with my new Paddington Bear coat. I tried to include a picture, but no go. Just use your imagination. I got some great sweaters for post-pregnancy as he wants me to have new clothes and not feel like a stuffed sausage. Good plan! It is hard having new clothes and not being able to wear them, but soon enough, right. I also got my fancy face moisturizer that makes me feel like a super star. My stocking was full of wonderful goodies and Amanda was a happy camper Christmas morning.
I feel like even with the sleeping in that a nap is in my future. We have friends coming over for dinner at 5pm so I will need to hustle at some point, but I don't think I'm there yet.
Well, that's all for now folks. Lots of love and Merry Christmas.

No comments: