I know we all have them, so here is your invitation to post your list of things to do before you die.
Here are a few of mine.
1) Hike the Appalachian Trail (not just stand on it, like I did back in August)
2) Swim with the manatees in FL (who was with me when I first saw manatees? Rachel?)
3) Publish a book of family history
4) Learn how to tie balloon art
5) Play the pan flute at any outdoor festival (I'm just kidding. I hate the pan flute)
6)Become really organized
7)Become Nicola
8)Read all the books that I own
9)Learn how to watch just one CSI episode and not 5 in a row. (Curse you, cable)
10)Have beautiful penmanship
11)Learn to play the piano, but have no one at church know about it
12)Become personal best friends with Harry Connick Jr.
13)oh, and Paula Deen
14)Get rich and have a personal chef
15)Get rich and have a live in hair dresser. Man do I hate doing my hair. The ponytail is such a blessing from heaven.
16)Own a farm. Become FarmGirl.
17)Win a lifetime supply of Dove chocolate
18)Become a professional genealogist and get paid to travel to exotic places to do said genealogy
19)Have a really great idea that I didn't steal from someone else
20)Continue to find the best friends wherever I go! (just a little cheese for the list0
9 comments:
1) True story: When I was nineteen I wrote a list of things to do before I died and number 9 on that list was kiss Heath Ledger on the lips. Isn't that weird? And weirder, and I'm totally horrified to tell you this and yet I seem to be typing this anyway? When I found out he died I totally thought "Oh no! My list!" Sometimes I don't know about me.
2) Re: Perfect penmanship. I totally have a theory about this, which is basically how good you are at handwriting is entirely decided in fifth grade. Some kids (mostly girls) spend a lot of time working on making cute perfect letters and being able to write in straight lines. Others organize complicated relay races involving pencil boxes and their teachers American Girl doll collection. So I hear.
3) Re: Personal Hairdresser and chef. These are such good ideas! And, hey, I was thinking. Maybe we could pool have to's with each other! Like, you loan me your Mabel (your future hairdresser OBV) and I'll loan you my Sven! (Hmm? Oh, have you seen that commercial where the family has this guy named Sven who keeps the whole family organized and hands out lunches and overlarge Swedish sweaters for when its cold? Funny stuff. Yeah, having him run my daily activities is totes on my list now.)
4) Do you think leaving novel length comments on the blogs of others is the reason I only update my own blog twice a year?
Number 1 on my list:
Be Hannah. And if that doesn't work, shrink her down and carry her around in my pocket so that she can say funny things to me all day.
And yes, I was with you when you saw the manatees. Or rather, when you wept at the base of their pool, your face pressed against the glass, desperately trying to get their attention for 45 minutes.
I am right there with you on being best friends with Harry Connick Jr. and Paula Deen. I'd have Harry sing to me while Paula cooks me up some of her biscuits and fries me some chicken...wow, that would really be the perfect day.
Rachel, I'll meet you at dawn for a duel to see who gets to put a little Hannah in her pocket!
And Amanda, you've inspired me to steal your idea, and do a post of me own!!
Hoorah for Hannah's long post. I needed a laugh today.
Hoorah for manatees and weeping in public.
Hooray for the finally realizing after typing hoorah twice, that that wasn't quite it.
Hooray for Amy's combo of a perfect day. Why havent' I ever put them together in my dream? Thanks.
And Hooray for inspiring Liz in any way!
#1 is truly the number one item on your list! Go Amanda!
I love your list (and all these fun comments!), and really started thinking of what I'd put on my list so I could blog about it...but then I realized that my list would have things like "go everywhere" and "see everything." So my list is not very blog-worthy...I'll try to work on it and maybe one day it will be worth posting.
Yes! This will be my new mission as a woman of leisure. Make a list of everything I have to do before I die. Or at least some of the things I have to do. You're an inspiration!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B504NyWMg68&eurl=http://www.google.com/ig?source=gama
thought of you :)
Post a Comment