Sunday, October 7, 2007

Crying Like a Weee Baby

I am sure I am one of the 13 million people who cried like a wee babe as I watched and listened to Elder Wirthlin speak at Conference. Not only was it a wonderful talk, but what an incredible moment of pure charity when Elder Nelson stood with him to steady and support him. I am so grateful for Conference! The very message he was sharing was of giving help and love in the small moments of life. Could it have been exemplified in any better way? Fantastic Conference! I feel like we should have a favorite Conference talk blog. Anyone?

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I was thinking that same exact thing about Elder Wirthlin's talk. The Lord must have wanted everyone to hear what he had to say about love and charity because I'm sure everyone perked up and payed attention when Elder Nelson helped him, I sure did!

Katie said...

Rachel and I were sobbing like there was no tomorrow. And he just kept plowing through that talk, amazing! All the crafting stopped, all the note-taking stopped, we were so focused on Elder Wirthlin and sweet Elder Nelson. It was wonderful.

rachelsaysso said...

Oh the tears! I cried and cried. And, I'm a little misty right now thinking back on it. That was an incredible moment.

Liz the Poet said...

I could barely contain myself. Really, I was glad I watching that session by myself because I went right to the ugly cry. Not a pretty sight-but such a tender moment.

Katie said...

Liz, how lucky you are to have a non-ugly cry. Mine are all ugly, sad to say. I'm not a "gentle" cryer.

Ms. Liz said...

I was at my brother's best friend's house with his new fiance who are both pratically a strangers and I openly wept too. There was the initial tear up when Elder Nelson appeared - and then when Elder Worthlin kept going... I just nearly had a break down. I found it so representational of us on Earth and how the Savior has to hold us up, shaking and feeble, because we have to finish. We need to finish. There is no other option. And then the "Thank You" in the dark after the fade out. I lost it all over again. I was a mess and I couldn't even articulate what I was thinking or feeling to these people who already thought I was unstable but my brother wanted me to make an impression with. It was possibly one of my favorite Conference moments ever.

rachelsaysso said...

Okay, it's time for you to post again. I tagged you so now you have to.