Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas and stuff

This book 'Don't Hassle the Hoff' was originally purchased for Rachel years ago at a grocery store check-out. Last year, we were invited to an Ugly Sweater Party thrown by our good friends The Hodges and I brought it as a white elephant gift. This became the gift that keeps on giving, since this year it made a repeat performance during our gift exhange. I imagine we'll be seeing it in years to come and hopefully we will all enjoy greater insight into David Hasselhoff's life.

Other great news from the Ugly Sweater Party...I won!! I was campaigning pretty hard all night, and you can all imagine how excited I was to win. Shown here with the runners up. Or is it runner ups?

Nathan reading. This is by far, his favorite activity. The other day, we were driving to the library and as we pulled in the library, he started clapping and yelling 'yeah!!!' I love this little fella.


Nathan sledding for the first time. I'm just going to say that it's a lot of work to take kids sledding. It takes 800 hrs to get everything together and to get dressed. Then you realize that a 2 yr old can't really walk through deep snow on their own, so you try to put them on the sled so you can pull them. You happily go along until the sled is really light and you realize that you have dumped your kid in the snow. Finally, after several goes at that, you pick up your kid and just carry them. 33lbs is a LOT! He was such a good sport. After about 2 seconds on the sled, he spent the next few seconds with his face in the snow with his mom and sled on top of him. Luckily, he thought that was funny and we went down another time. Twice down the hill and I was done. Maybe another time this year. We'll see.

I feel a little lame that I didn't get more Christmas pictures, but know that we had a great time!

I wish I had a picture of when he opened this toolbox! It was fantastic. This boy loves tools!!

Nathan hard at work on his new puzzle

Boy Howdy, were these good Cinnamon Rolls! My friend Char gave me this recipe and it will be a new Christmas tradition around our house. I needed to redeem myself after my Thanksgiving dinner and these sure did the trick!

On New Year's Eve we spent the evening with our favorite Wisconsin people. Everyone brought their kids and this picture was taken after midnight. I was amazed at how alert and happy Nathan was. Unfortunately, he woke up at his normal time the next morning.

Keep scrolling down as there is another new post.

4 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

Just to clarify, the rule for when you keep a gift that you bought for someone else is to not announce it to that person so she doesn't become wildly envious when she sees someone else with it.

And, THANKS FOR POSTING THE PICTURES!!!! Nathan is adorable.

Gina said...

Oh my gosh, your boy is so stinking cute. His smile is amazing! Seriously...so handsome! Thanks for posting. It's about time. :)

Wendy said...

One of the most entertaining parts of this post for me is when you talk about the Ugly Sweater Party and how you were "campaigning pretty hard all night". Those of us who know and love you know that is probably a vast understatement and that surely there was not a soul at that party who wasn't cornered by you at least once to be convinced of the merits of your sweater and it's ugliness. Oh, how well I can imagine the scene! Wish I had been there!

Char! said...

Hey there! I can't believe how big Nathan is! I still picture the darling boy I knew as a 6 month old. What a cutie!
I am SO glad you liked the cinnamon roll recipe! I'm pretty sure it is my mom's recipe-she is amazing!
Love and hugs! I miss you guys so much!