So, if you know me, you know that I love a good Fest. I even love mediocre fests. Add Fest to anything and I'm all over that. Babysitting Fest might not totally win me over, but pretty much any time there is food, craft booths and inevitably pan flutes, I'm there.
To my joy, Wisconsin is the home of the Fest. I have been mapping out our summer. We started out last week with our local Strawberry Fest and have a pretty busy summer schedule. If you haven't already made plans with me, and you want to see me some Saturday this summer, you're going to have to tag along.
However, with all these fests, there is a problem. I don't have enough weekends. Too many fun fests to choose from. I'm planning on having a family meeting as soon as John comes home from work, so I can request some of his days of of work to be put to good use towards this addiction I have.
Now I will list all the glorious fests and know that I can't go to all of them. Cry a little for me and then pick a weekend you'd like to come and Fest with me.
July 3rd-super local Johnson Family Fourth Fest! Fireworks, bbq and homemade raspberry ice cream
July 10th-Bastille Days Fest, St. Albert's Fest (local church)
July 17th-Dane County Fair and Festa Italiana in Milwaukee. Would be a hard choice but I'll be out of town.
July 24th-Here we go with a dilemma. Polka Days (who loves a good polka more than me? I can't think of anyone.) Lumberjack World Championships!!!! Hello?? But also competing for the day is Milwaukee's German Fest AND Minocqua's Antique and Classic Wooden Boat Show. I'm pretty sure we're going to go with the Lumberjack Fest because...well come on.
July 31st-Amish Quilt and Consignment Auction, and Oshkosh Air Show.
Then August! Oiy August.
Aug 7th- WI State Fair, Sand Castle building competition (who knew in WI),New Glarus Swiss Independence Day (full of yodeling, dancing, alphorn playing and accordian music) I don't know that I've ever heard real yodeling! Also, the weekend of our Ward Campout. A camping we will go.
Aug 14th- WI State Fair and Green Bay Tall Ship Festival.
Aug 21st- Sun Prairie Corn Fest, Milwaukee Irish Fest and Mexican Fiesta Fest.
Aug 28th- No festing on our calendar.
So, you can see that I have some deliberating to do. If you have anything to help me in this decision making, I'd be happy to hear.
Hopefully I will remember to take my camera and you'll be getting some festive pictures to document our summer of festing!
8 comments:
That's it. I'm spending the summer in WI. I can't think of anything more fun then going to all those fests with you. I think the lumberjack fest is the right choice. I went to one last year and it was epic. Although I do love a good polka.
I'll get our guest room ready for you. When all our WI festing is over, we'll head back to CA for the L.A. County Fair and do it right. Big Yellow Slide, here we come.
I agree about the lumberjack thing. We went to a lumberjack show in Alaska and it was fabulous! Hunky men in flannel using chain saws and rolling around on logs...sounds like a good time to me. Oh...and added bonus for me...Mike actually did some lumberjacking during his young adult years in New Hampshire! Dreamy!!
Oh man--You've got some great fests!!! How do you decide?!? I'm excited to hear about all of them
Mike was a Lumberjack? What? That is fantastic. Also, I didn't know he lived in New Hampshire? 'New Hampshire. Lake Winnepasauki' Anyone who comes out to fest with me will also get to watch What About Bob! Come on girls, so tempting, huh?
I wouldn't say he WAS a lumberjack...I'd say he did some lumberjack work...for a couple of summers. But still!! Yes, he grew up in New Hampshire and lived there until his mid twenties! Not too far from Lake Winnipesaukee!
I can't wait to come to the Fourth of July fest... I think that may be my only one. I recommend the fest in Minocqua because it is BEAUTIFUL up there! If you have never been it is worth seeing!
Well I too can't wait to join you for the Johnson 4th of July Fest. I'm definitely going to do the State fair as well.
Post a Comment