Friday, November 6, 2009

New Calendar, New Year

The other week, I happened upon the perfect calendar. I know that shouldn't be such a big deal, but everytime I see it, it makes me smile. In the front part, are the monthly calendars and in the back are weekly calendars that allow enough space for journal entries. Not the lengthy and soul searching, entries, but the 'reading a new book, Nathan is so cute, and laundry is never-ending' kind of entries. This is the only way for me to be truly successful at journaling. I have a set space and not much that I can write. That way, I don't get overwhelmed and never feel like I have to catch up on the last 18 months.
So, I can't wait for January 1st. I am going to be a journal keeper. With the excitement of a new calendar and a new year, I've already been thinking about the New and Improved Amanda of 2010. I'm trying to come up with a unique goal that hasn't actually been on my list every year since the 80's. Any ideas?
I'm hoping that when 2010 is over, I'll be kinder, more organized, more thoughtful, smarter, more beautiful :) and perhaps funnier. Those are all hard to measure, so I'll have to do some reworking on those. I'll be letting you know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

amanda, where did you get it and who makes it?? that sounds perfect!

Lori Davis said...

More thoughtful, funnier, and more beautiful... I don't think that's possible, darlin'! :)