Friday, June 12, 2009

Words Cannot Describe

I have always said that I have the sweetest, most wonderful friends. In all the places I have lived, I have been blessed to meet such incredible women. I continue to be amazed each time I move that Heavenly Father has placed people near me fill my life with laughter and love. I am beyond grateful for this gift. To me, it is the most precious demonstration of love.
Today I received a gift from some of my most dear friends. I moved to California after graduating college and over the 5 years that I lived there, I shared so many wonderful memories with my Round Robin girls. Sara, Wendy, Katie, Laura, Liz, Gina, and Rachel. Many of us have moved away and we unfortunately don't get to see each other often, but we continue to keep in touch via The Round Robin. We have an email chain and as we get the RR, we add our message and send it on to the next in line. They add their message and around and around it goes. It often takes a long time to get it back the inbox, but each time it arrives, I have such a gratitude for these women. Not only are they my dear friends, but they are incredible women.
So, let me show you what I got in the mail today. (Click on the pictures to see the details)

Rachel's square. The Felt Family Johnson is the name of the square.

Liz's square. How thoughtful of you. I love our little Family Tree.

Gina's square. So sweet.

Sara's square. Love the design.

N is for Nathan. Darling fabric.

Laura's square. All things sparkly!! I knew your square instantly.

Katie's square. So beautiful.

Wendy's square. I'm obsessing on birds and trees lately. Perfect combination.

Oh how I wish we lived close together so Nathan could enjoy being wrapped in your arms or friendship and love. We will cherish this quilt and continue to think of you each day.
I love you! You're my girls! I miss you terribly!

6 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you got it. I was picturing it floating around the UPS Nether World for a week. We love you and miss you! Give Nathan a big kiss from all of us.

Emmy said...

Wow! What sweet friends, Amanda! Lucky you!

Lori Davis said...

Oh my goodness! The quilt is beautiful and oh... just amazing! I love good friends!! It has got me thinking about all my great friends everywhere I have lived and I am over here misty- eyed. I am so glad now we are both here... (although I will never be able to make you a quilt... potato salad... will that do?? :) I am so happy you had a wonderful day with an awesome gift! I love you, girl!

Amanda said...

Lori,
Your potato salad will possibly keep me in Wisconsin forever!

Gina said...

Aren't friends the best? yeah for the RR and all the other friends in the world!!!

Laura said...

I didn't know you were getting it yet! Yay! Thanks to Rachel for her hard work putting it all together. I knew you would love the sparkles!!!